Mustard Based Sauce's

T-Man

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
When I chow down on pulled pork sandwich's, with cole slaw , I like to put some Maurices's Carolina Gold sauce on it . Its some Damn good stuff , been enjoying it for over 25 yrs. . Anybody have any good mustard based sauce recipes...???

Oklahoma Joe's Offset Smoker

I don't have a recipe, but give Blue's Hog Honey Mustard a try - good stuff, Maynerd!

Swinebuck has the link to one of the best. The only thing I do different is cut 1/2 the vinegar with apple juice. Vinegar is a little strong. I've been using this recipe for 2 years and my wife will not eat pulled pork without it. I also use it on cheeseburgers,as a salad dressing and as a shrimp marinade before grilling. Roxy himself is a really great man and was nice enough to share his recipe with the world. GOOOOD STUFF IT IS!

I use that recipe for my kids sammies. They love it and so do many of my guests. I couldn't remember where I got it but I guess it came from just down the road. Good stuff but I usually prefer the red stuff.

http://www.thesmokering.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1359

Roxy's sace recipe is one of the best out there. We don't add cayenne in anymore as it is spicy enough without it. We also simmer it for a couple of hours to thicken it up a little more. We use it on everything from butts to hot dogs to ham sammys! Our friends like it so much they asked us to make some for them, we ended up making 2 gallons and gave away at Christmas! They are already wanting more!!

Dr. BBQ's book has an awesome recipe in it for mustard sauce.

Yes, indeed. I think there may be more than one recipe, in all his books:-D
All I have tried have been excellent.

All the sauces in his books are great. Though I did have a happy accident with the mustard one and it came out better. :-D I also use honey in it.

Back