Pork loin ideas

bstomper

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I ordered a brisket for the weekend but it isn't here yet so I may have to do a pork loin instead because I have a few friends coming over. I will be doing it on my UDS. I have never did one before and would like some pointers (times , temps, of meat and smoker) and maybe a recipie if you guys don't mind sharing.
Thanks in advance

Rub with your favorite rub, cook to an internal temp of 140-145, and then let rest 15 minutes. I like to marinade mine in bourbon, Worcestershire, soy, tabasco and a little white wine vinegar for a couple hours ahead of time. Pork loin is a good candidate for a reverse sear. Cook low at 225 till the temp is in the 130's, then a hot sear until it reaches 140, rest to 145.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eCpL6cj7Rw&feature=kp"]Stuffed Pork Loin Recipe : How to Prep Meat for Stuffed Pork Loin - YouTube[/ame]

Here is what I recommend. First cut your Pork loin like the video above. If it is not perfect you can use a meat tenderaizer to pound the thick areas a little thinner.

Brine it in a simple brine solution for up to 24 hours. This helps with flavor and moisture as that loin is very lean. Then stuff it with whatever. I personally like onions, Jalapenos, Sharp cheddar cheese, and corn bread.

Look on BBQ Brethren for Stuffed Pork Loin recipes. You will get more ideas than you can imagine.

I then roll the loin up and wrap with a bacon blanket and tie it up with butchers twine.

Smoke it at 275 to 300 with some fruit wood till the internall temp reaches 140-145. Let it rest for 30 to 40 minutes. Internal temp will come up. Slice and serve.

Here are some pictures to give you an idea of what it might look like as you go along.

Attachments

• 2012-07-239513.33.33.jpg
    2012-07-239513.33.33.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 142
  • 2012-07-239513.37.32.jpg
    2012-07-239513.37.32.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 142
  • 2012-07-239520.40.55.jpg
    2012-07-239520.40.55.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 142
I love pork loins done on the smoker.. They are a versatile piece of meat that take well to a variety of rubs, brines, marinades and glazes.. They can be dressed up through the above or stuffing depending on your guests..

When I do them I usually do 2.. One usually is in injected with creole butter and rubbed.. Than the other I usually go sweeter with a rub and a glaze of some form when it hits 130.. I have used Roxy's rib glaze on them which was great.. A couple from the Chris Lilly book have been great his maple syrup/ cranberry/ applesauce glaze is tasty and looks somewhat fancy.. Also this past weekend glazed one with butter/maplesyrup/Honey and turned out with a nice sheen and was tasty.

As stated above unless you cook them too long they will be juicy and tender, I tend to pull them at 140 but you can go up a little if you are cooking for picky folks that are still scared of pork. As far as temp and time I will run them 250 and sometimes hotter, they do not need to be cooked slow but it does not hurt them either.. They cook up pretty fast with no stall or surprises.

I season mine with Lemon pepper, Rosemary, Sage, S&P, Pecan smoke, at 300 until an IT of 135 pull it wrap it in foil and let carry over take it to 140+.

I've had luck using a good layer of bacon over the top of the loins - I usually do a couple at a time as well.

Pork Loin stuffed with pork sausage and wrapped in bacon. TPT, Triple pork treat.

IMG_2009.jpg

IMG_2017.jpg

IMG_2024.jpg

Spiessbraten is an option...

Butterfly it open and add some sliced onions, garlic, salt and pepper

Tie it back up

Cook in direct until IT hits 140-145, rest for 10-15 minutes, slice and enjoy.

I season like a chop grill over med low heat take off when it hits 145 let rest and slice thin serve with applesauce.

Stuffed is the bomb!! I like to go the Pizza route. Sausage, pepperoni, onions, olives, mozzarella cheese, etc... Cheers!!!

Wow guys, thanks for all the ideas. Getting real hungry reading this!!!Now I have my work cut out for me trying to decide which one to do. I think I will do a bacon wrap, I just have to decide what to put in it.

Back