MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Old 05-08-2012, 02:17 PM   #16
Smoke Ring
Knows what a fatty is.

I think the issue is that the survey has little, if nothing, to do with member's concerns or needs. It's all about gathering data for their corporate sponsors. It seems the corporate sponsors have become more important to KCBS than their members. The number one priority seems to be making more money for the big corporations and MMA. Does KCBS care about the members any more?
Smoke Ring is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-08-2012, 02:34 PM   #17
Slamdunkpro
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by nukenight View Post
The problem with the survey was I had to use "Other" for most of my answers. Besides, we don't use Kingsford anything, so why would I want to buy something? They needed a None button on that window.
Yes, with that plus every question being mandatory they're going to get some skewed data.
Spicewine Tandem - "The Beast"
, 2 Vulcan V33's & 1 V9
Brinkman modified upright, Weber Kettle(s); Meadow Creek Pr-24, Super Stealth Mode black & Night Vision Red Thermopens
-----------------
MABA - (Mid Atlantic BBQ Association) President
KCBS Certified Judge - #23289
Slamdunkpro is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-08-2012, 03:00 PM   #18
gmholler
Full Fledged Farker

I had to give up - it wouldn't let me select "Other" more than once in a question, but we don't have most of the grocery stores listed in that survey around here!

Lynn H.
gmholler is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-08-2012, 03:22 PM   #19
boogiesnap
Babbling Farker

i didn't find it too bad. one good thing, gave the brethren a nod for question 16.

avatar by grillman. patent pending. :mad2::becky:
boogiesnap is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 05-08-2012, 04:02 PM   #20
Smoke'n Ice
is one Smokin' Farker

Glanced at it twice, once for my membership and once for my wife's, and then opted out with the use of the delete key. It was not worth the chance as the odds are slim and none and we know slim left town.

Now if they were to offer something like a 5% discount on your next membership fee, then I would have filled it out.
Smoke'n Ice is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-08-2012, 04:05 PM   #21
ique
is Blowin Smoke!

Have you ever used alcohol products while preparing or cooking BBQ meats, sauces, or side dishes?

ique is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-08-2012, 04:31 PM   #22
Rich Parker
Babbling Farker

I filled it out and didn't see anything wrong with it.

Old 05-08-2012, 05:23 PM   #23
Smoke'n Ice
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ique View Post
Have you ever used alcohol products while preparing or cooking BBQ meats, sauces, or side dishes?

Are they wanting to know what percentage of bbq cooks drink? I don't think so but whoever worked this one out did not do any home work or listen to their inner self. When I first started in sales as a sales and applications engineer, I had it hammered into me that the customer, we as members of KCBS are customers, listen to only one radio station, WII FM (What's In It For Me). Maybe a little bit of sales to the membership should have occurred instead of us all guessing the motivation behind this poorly conceived and written survey.

Last edited by Smoke'n Ice; 05-08-2012 at 05:41 PM..

Old 05-08-2012, 05:32 PM   #24
AZScott
Take a breath!

Well that was easy. I don't see what the issue is. Sponsors make BBQ competitions happen and if this helps them get more partners and sponsors on board I'm all for it.

Thanks from:--->
Old 05-08-2012, 05:45 PM   #25
bbqbull
Watching over us.

I did not receive my survey, thoughts?

"I wish my mind could forget what my eyes have seen. :shocked:"

"Heavily medicated for your protection. :doh:"

Klose Mobile Pit
Klose Owners Reccomended Pit
Cookshack Smokette
Gasser
Little Chief Smoker
Large BGE
Gifted to me my Pit Barrel Smoker :mrgreen::clap:[URL="http://www.bbq-brethren.com//www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/"][/URL]
bbqbull is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-08-2012, 05:54 PM   #26
Smoke'n Ice
is one Smokin' Farker

Check your spam directory.

Old 05-08-2012, 06:24 PM   #27
jcog44
Knows what a fatty is.

Default Questions requiring and answer.

I got to the question about what kingsford product I would buy, and couldn't proceed without an answer (none, was not an option).

I voted with my keyboard and quit.
jcog44 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-08-2012, 07:02 PM   #28
DawgPhan
is One Chatty Farker

ahhh...bbq....damned if you do, damned if you dont.
DawgPhan is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->

Tags
kcbs