Fast and Easy Ribs with Fries

bigabyte

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
With all of the McRib stuff going on, I had to do something. After all, some of this stuff you crazy farkers are coming up with is making me SICK!:sick::sick::sick: I mean...Turkey McRibs?:wacko: Then there's that farking meatloaf thing!:puke:

So, I thought I would show that you do not have to go to McDonalds to get a quick rib fix with a side of fries. You can do it right at home on your trusty Weber Kettle grill. Here's how you do it.

First, fire up a Weber chimney full of lump charcoal, and place the lit coals on one side of the kettle like so...
CountryRibs01.jpg

Then take a Pork Loin Cut Country Style Rib and season it with a layer of Brown Sugar, followed by a layer of Simply Marvelous Pecan Rub.

Then take a Russet Potato, cut it into wedges, and sprinkle with a bit of Lemon Juice and then toss with some Oil. Then season the wedges with some Kosher Salt and fresh cracked Black Pepper.

Place the Country Style Rib and the Potatoes on the grill like so.
CountryRibs02.jpg

Put the lid on and let this cook like this for 5 minutes. Then turn the potatoes like this...
CountryRibs03.jpg

Put the lid back on and let cook for another 5 minutes, and then move the potatoes to the cool side of the grill. While we are in there, give that Rib a flip like so...
CountryRibs04.jpg

Put the lid back on for 10 minutes, and then move the Rib over the coals to begin a reverse sear...
CountryRibs05.jpg

Put the lid on for a couple minutes, then flip the rib to begin searing the other side. You can see the sear we put in here. If this picture was in motion, you would see the fat sizzling...that's a beautiful thing to watch, sizzling pork fat!:becky:
CountryRibs06.jpg

Put the lid on for another couple minutes, and then move the rib to the cool side of the grill and apply some BigButz BBQ sauce like so...
CountryRibs07.jpg

Just a few minutes later the sauce should have set up and you are ready to serve. Instead of Ketchup for my fries I decided to use BigButz BBQ Sauce.
CountryRibs08.jpg

CountryRibs09.jpg

So, in less than 30 minutes, you too can be eating a quick Rib meal with Fries, and it tastes better than anything you're going to get at a restaurant. I promise you that.:thumb:

Nice, Rachel Ray mod.............30 minute meals!

BTW.........I really like those fries like that, what a great flavor.

Chris that is absolutely mouthwatering, but -5 points for the rant, c'mon, that is your lamest rant ever and another -5 points for not using foil-hat rub. :icon_blush: Did you run out? :shocked: Maybe I need to send you some. So, correct those two things and then I think you've got a contender. :thumb:

Actually, I am low on foil hat rub at the moment, and have not had the proper amount of MSG enhanced galvanized aluminum foil to make up a new batch just yet. But I will make some soon enough, before I run out.

even with the -10 point deduction, I think it still earns an "A".

even with the -10 point deduction, I think it still earns an "A".

Oh yeah, but don't tell Chris that! You always have to take some points off or he won't try next time. He might just buy a few McRibs, throw them on his Weber and try to pass them off as his own.

I likey alot. Even though that "rib" is missing a bone I'd hit it hard. Now we just need the recipe for foil hat rub and we can all rest easy tonight... I will do the tater thing tonight on the kettle with a few boneless chicky thighs.

I likey alot. Even though that "rib" is missing a bone I'd hit it hard. Now we just need the recipe for foil hat rub and we can all rest easy tonight... I will do the tater thing tonight on the kettle with a few boneless chicky thighs.
It had a bone running down one side. You can see it in the 5th picture in the post. It is in the concave section on the bottom-left side.

The fries are awesome! Just make sure you give them enough time and heat on the cool side to get done all the way through, other than that little trick these taters are about as simple as a baked tater.:thumb:

It had a bone running down one side. You can see it in the 5th picture in the post. It is in the concave section on the bottom-left side.

The fries are awesome! Just make sure you give them enough time and heat on the cool side to get done all the way through, other than that little trick these taters are about as simple as a baked tater.:thumb:

Ah I was wrong I see the bone! How dare I even question you. However you avoided my request for foil hat rub. What do I fly around in a black helicopter where you must avoid me and my questions?

Sorry, I just came back to sneak another peek at that second-to-last picture. That is a beautiful rib, bone or no bone. That might have to be my next desktop. It's especially good cause there's a lot of white in the upper left where all the icons go, but I'm afraid I'd be hungry all the time (just have to tell myself, "no foil hat, ... no foil hat").

There is no recipe for Foil Hat Rub. It is a myth. An urban legend. You are not even reading this right now. What you thought was a rub recipe was actually just swamp gas.

Chris. that cook rocks! Sometimes hot and fast are the best. Love the taters! The sauce choice isn't bad either, :heh:

You had me at country style rib. Those are wonderful on the grill.

Whew Chris I thought you were going for another entry which means you were back at McD's but after careful examination that is REAL MEAT. Looking good and loving the fries

The only thing wrong with this meal; it that it will take me much
longer than 30 minutes to get there. Probably because I can't find
Overland Fark on the map....is it anywhere near Rantville?

Hmmm, I thought I was here to read about tasty looking quick ribs and fries and maybe get the recipe for foil hat rub, but, it appears to have just been gas.

Back