Oil less Cajun Fried Turkey

Happy Hapgood

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Our kitchen is down for a remodel but I was still in charge of the Turkey. Big Easy to the rescue! Injected the bird and threw it in. 2 1/2 hours later:

29zybuq.jpg

14xcuxk.jpg

f598xl.jpg

szxwuf.jpg

Turned out Great! Thanks for Lookin' and Happy Thanksgiving!

I bought a Big Easy this season and did one today along with a smoked one. I was really surprised how good the Big Easy did. I could not tell the difference between the Big Easy and the peanut oil ones I have done in the past.

I bought a Big Easy this season and did one today along with a smoked one. I was really surprised how good the Big Easy did. I could not tell the difference between the Big Easy and the peanut oil ones I have done in the past.

Exactly! I've probably oil fried hundreds over the years. I would put these oil less ones up with any I've done.

Love my Big Easy. It's become my "go to" cooker for whole chicken.

Amen. I used to pull it out only at Thanksgiving and Christmas but we started doing chickens on it during the Summer. Word spread and it gets more work than it used to. :grin:

I love mine. On my to do list is to make some type of chicken wing hanger for the basket. Idea being to put a little smoke on some wangs and then finish in the big easy.

Well done! And you don't have to kill any vegetation dumping out peanut oil!

I love mine. On my to do list is to make some type of chicken wing hanger for the basket. Idea being to put a little smoke on some wangs and then finish in the big easy.

Well done! And you don't have to kill any vegetation dumping out peanut oil!

Not to mention all the peanuts saved. Otherwise they may have continued to flourish.

An EZ hanger is to take a metal skewer and cut it to length to either the basket with or even the top. You can hang "S" hooks off them. I know folks who do ribs and chickens that way.

Looks much better than the bird I ate today! (note I said ate, not cooked! :heh:)

This is the second bird I've seen you do like this, and it's seriously pushing me towards getting one of those things - it really looks fantastic Toast. Hope y'all had a great Thanksgiving - we sure did. :thumb:

Back