MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 02-27-2013, 11:46 AM   #1
El_Capitan
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

Default cyberq ii tech question

I am not sure if anyone has tried this or not.

I am debating between a stoker or Cyberq II. I do want to run more than 1 pit at a time.

If you take a airport express and connect it to your Cyberq II using a usb cable can you then access it wirelessly.

I have read the wireless USB hubs are expensive and they don't get good reviews consistently.

I have read a few post that state "it should work", but I can't find anyone who claims to have tried it and state "it does work"

Maybe that's a sign it won't work.

I like the cyberq II because it is more compact, but if it is going to be a pain to connect it to the internet I'd rather go with the Stoker.

I work 12 hour night shifts. I would like to be at work making money while smoking some meat. Come home, sleep a few hours and then have a party with some friends and good smoked food.

Does any who has successfully made the CyberQ II wireless have any advice?
El_Capitan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-27-2013, 12:01 PM   #2
SpecOpsBBQ

You should just go with the BBQ Guru ProCom 4, its the best of both worlds. I have it and love it and its so easy to use. Here's some links for you to check out.

http://www.nakedwhiz.com/wirelessguru.htm

http://www.fredsmusicandbbq.com/BBQ_...com4-build.htm

I hope I could help

...After reading your post one more time, I don't think the procom 4 will work for you.
SpecOpsBBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-27-2013, 12:29 PM   #3
El_Capitan

I looked at the procom 4.

I was thinking I could program everything using the cyberq II on a day I was home and monitor it to see how it goes. I don't want to be at work worrying about my bbq at home.

I bbq a lot so I know my grill pretty well. A few times in the past I have let it run all night using a wireless thermometers high and low alarms to wake me up. I have also let it run while i went to work and it's been good. come home and it's still hot and smoking. Until one time i came home to a cold grill and undercooked meat.

I suppose I could use the cyberq II connected to a computer a few times until I feel comfortable enough to set it and forget it while at work.
El_Capitan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-27-2013, 03:26 PM   #4
Gadragonfly
Full Fledged Farker

I have my Cyberq II connected to a notebook which sends the temps to my email every 15 minutes (notebook connected to internet via router which is in the house). I check my email by cell phone. When I wake up during the night (which is usually 3 times maybe more) I check my email, make sure the temps are where I want them and go back to sleep. I've only had trouble once. I woke up, checked and realized I hadn't received an email in about 2 hours. I got up and went outside to see what had happened and found that Windows had installed an update in the middle of the night and rebooted my system which disconnected the CyberQ
Julie
Gadragonfly is offline   Reply With Quote

1 members found this post helpful.