MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 01-26-2014, 09:56 AM   #1
AZ Smoker
On the road to being a farker

Default What's the best Multi-Probe Thermometer?

Wife wants to get me something for the anniversary and I told her I could use a proper probe that can do 2 meats or more.

I looked at the iGrill at BBQ Island the other day and it seems cool but gets horrible reviews.

After some research the IVation (Maverick) seems to have over 450 positive reviews on Amazon and seem great. Whats the best dual probe on the market right now?
AZ Smoker is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-26-2014, 09:59 AM   #2
Fwismoker
somebody shut me the fark up.

The Maverick ET 733 would be a good choice, it monitors 3 things. I have the 732 which does 2.

Visit [COLOR="Red"]OctoForks[/COLOR] in Sales & Ventures

Website & Blog: [url]www.octoforks.com[/url]
Fwismoker is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-26-2014, 10:01 AM   #3
K-Barbecue
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : Jim

Thermoworks TW8060.

Old 01-26-2014, 11:12 AM   #4
sliding_billy
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : )

No issues here with the 732 (I have two of them). Just be sure to get the 6' probes if you get one (look at Amazon for combo packages of 732/733 with the 6' probes included). Even if you don't need them, it is nice to not have to worry about the length of the wires. The 3' wires are way too short to use comfortably even if they fit IMO. It also gives you a set of spares since even the combo packages will have the factory probes in the box.

Old 01-26-2014, 12:58 PM   #5
AZ Smoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sliding_billy View Post
No issues here with the 732 (I have two of them). Just be sure to get the 6' probes if you get one (look at Amazon for combo packages of 732/733 with the 6' probes included). Even if you don't need them, it is nice to not have to worry about the length of the wires. The 3' wires are way too short to use comfortably even if they fit IMO. It also gives you a set of spares since even the combo packages will have the factory probes in the box.
Good to know! Thanks

Old 01-29-2014, 09:49 AM   #6
AZ Smoker

Anyone using the iGrill?

Old 01-29-2014, 01:00 PM   #7
pigsmoke
Got Wood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Barbecue View Post
Thermoworks TW8060.
+1 Thermoworks make darn good products and the 8060 is one of the best value for your buck IMO
pigsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-29-2014, 01:18 PM   #8
SmokinJohn
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ Smoker View Post
Anyone using the iGrill?
I use it sometimes. I love it.

Old 01-29-2014, 03:53 PM   #9
defence18

I got the iGrill for Christmas. I don't normally probe my meat the entire cook, but I did a meatloaf a couple of weeks ago, and it was awesome to be able to monitor through my phone in 0 degree weather. Worked fairly well for me, but it did lose it's bluetooth connection for a few minutes at one point.
defence18 is offline   Reply With Quote