• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

The Weber Smokey Mountain Appreciation Thread

Popping her cherry early in the morning like the Gap Band.

DSCN4541-1.jpg

Later that day, standing guard.

DSCN4558.jpg

Another day and still guarding!

IMG_7640_1.jpg

He wont quit!

IMG_7646.jpg

I learned on a Char Griller offset, but got tired of having to tend it constantly on long cooks. Bought a 22.5 WSM over a year ago, best $400 I ever spent.

I use a weed burner to light my Blue K. MY WSM loves it.

5620490521_123db8625d_b.jpg

Great idea using the little wsm ring, Michael. I wouldn't go any other way on a big wsm for shorter cooks. :thumb:

By the way, what's the advantage of lighting with a torch? I used one all the time to light my old UDS, but I usually just dump about a chimney's worth on top in my little wsm. I use so much lit from the beginning since I usually load it up and use water in the pan.

Great idea using the little wsm ring, Michael. I wouldn't go any other way on a big wsm for shorter cooks. :thumb:

By the way, what's the advantage of lighting with a torch? I used one all the time to light my old UDS, but I usually just dump about a chimney's worth on top in my little wsm. I use so much lit from the beginning since I usually load it up and use water in the pan.

A chimney takes 20-30 minutes to get the coals hot. With a tourch, I can get the coals ready to go in about 3 minutes! :thumb:

Great thread!

I have never BBQd before in my life, I have only grilled. So I was nervous to buy a smoker when I have never cooked like that before in my life. After weeks of searching I finally decided on the WSM. Best decision of my life. I have screwed up a few cooks but most of it was my fault and bot the smokers fault. It holds temperatures like nobody's business and it can hold A LOT of BBQ. I have the 22.5" WSM and I highly recommend it to anyone looking for a smoker. It may cost more but the piece of mind and successful cooks are more than worth it.

Great thread!

I have never BBQd before in my life, I have only grilled. So I was nervous to buy a smoker when I have never cooked like that before in my life. After weeks of searching I finally decided on the WSM. Best decision of my life. I have screwed up a few cooks but most of it was my fault and bot the smokers fault. It holds temperatures like nobody's business and it can hold A LOT of BBQ. I have the 22.5" WSM and I highly recommend it to anyone looking for a smoker. It may cost more but the piece of mind and successful cooks are more than worth it.

I wish I could have said that. :p

I couldn't agree with you more. :thumb:

Old WSM's came with them. If you are lucky enough you can salvalge one from an old kettle lid too.

Back