Charcoal on sale again at Home Depot

A young guy at HD offered to help me load the car. As we filled my station wagon with the 400 pounds of coal, the compressor for the air suspension kicked on to level the car. The kid thought that was the most amazing thing in the world. :laugh:

CD

A young guy at HD offered to help me load the car. As we filled my station wagon with the 400 pounds of coal, the compressor for the air suspension kicked on to level the car. The kid thought that was the most amazing thing in the world. :laugh:

CD

When Lowes had Stubbs on sale, I happened to be on my bicycle, out on a ride. I grabbed 8 bags, and called a cab (requested a van). The driver was there within 6 minutes, and he started razzing me about my purchase. He kept saying "That's too much! Why do you need all that charcoal?"

Well, all 8 bags are gone already :/

Went back tonight and got ten more (5X2). Put them in the garage when I got home. Wife was with me and she saw how much we have on hand now. She gave me the ole: "are you sure you need all this?" Of course I replied - "yes! It will save us a fortune!"

With my previous runs we have 400 pounds of KB and I have 80 of Royal Oak on hand too. I feel good about things at this point. :heh:

Picked up a few during my lunch break today. Thanks for posting it.

If i didnt live here in suburbia i think it would be fun to make my own

Got mine @ Lowes yesterday! They limited you 2 only 2 free bags though.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

It is supposed to be two free bags per person at lowes but they usually don't enforce it. the Home Depot here had the 2 x 20lbs for $7.97 picked up 200lbs worth for $43. Probably will get more today or tomorrow.

Wal-Mart has twin 16.5 pound bags of Kingsford for $7.50 for those who may not have a HD nearby.

Scott

Yep, just picked up 200# at HD here. Out the door for $43 as well. Been trying to spread the word around the office but nobody else seems to care :tsk:

Wal-Mart has twin 16.6 pound bags of Kingsford for $7.50 for those who may not have a HD nearby.

Scott
That was my only option...:rolleyes: But that didn't stop me from replenishing my supply with 431.6 lbs. Add that to the current inventory gives ~500 lbs. That should last a while anyway... Cheers!!!

That was my only option...:rolleyes: But that didn't stop me from replenishing my supply with 431.6 lbs. Add that to the current inventory gives ~500 lbs. That should last a while anyway... Cheers!!!

HD in Liberty isn't too far from you. I guess once you take the cost of gas vs. the savings it might be a wash. Regardless, you have plenty now anyway.

Edit: The difference would have been 88.4lbs for $13 and change more going to Home Depot versus what you got at Walmart purchasing 26 bags.

Back