A BBQ Brethren Event Battle of BBQ Brethren - Manorville 2011

it's a local watering hole, frequented by bikers. Good place, nice bartenders, quick draw, 2 king kullen's within 5 miles, liquour store, bagel place, everything's close. Honestly great job guys.

To reiterate, within a mile there is a Starbucks, MacDonalds, King Cullen, 7-11, Bagel place, Chinese takeout, liquor store. It's easy to get to, it's LIE exit 70 make a left and it's an 1/2 of a mile on the left.

Some consider the maples to be the best biker bar in New York (The Maples).

Here is an Ariel Map from the LIE exit 70.

If you Ride a Motorcycle then there is probably a Bar you know of that is not real close yet not too far away. Its a place you go to when you only have one day off and want to reward yourself for a job well done. Something about this place makes it worth going those extra miles for a Burger and a Beer!

If you live in the Long Island, New York area then you have probably been to "The Maples" 10 Ryerson Ave in Manorville, If not with all the great routes you can ride to get there, sooner or later I'm sure you will find yourself parking your bike in front!

The Maples draws in every type of Rider, It does not matter what you Ride, how long you have been Riding or how often you chose to Ride! When you are at the Maples you are home!

At the Maples it feels as if time is not only standing still ,but you may feel as if you have traveled back in time a few years! Even though the Maples is only about a mile North of exit 70 off the LIE you will feel like the stress of your life is a Million miles away! Relaxing at the Maples is an easy thing to do.

Inside you can hang out at the main Bar, shoot a game of Pool or enjoy some of their great food in the large dinning area. Maybe you are more like me and after a nice Ride you enjoy relaxing out side.Well at the Maples you can relax on the huge side deck,Where if you are a fan of Trains you can enjoy the view of the Trains slowly rolling by as if out of a scene from a Norman Rockwell Painting!

Then there is the Huge back deck where there is a full service Bar, Jukebox, Pool table and more often then not a live band! Many Couples like to unwind over by the Perfectly landscaped Pond or walk around the huge backyard!

As the Maples is a Biker friendly bar you will find that many bike events are held there! After a trip to "the Maples" You will understand why many call it the Best Biker Bar in the Northeast and say that a day at the maples is more relaxing then a weekend trip upstate!

The Maples offers Long Islanders everything the Upstate Country Bars do, Well except maybe that Ride threw the City!

I will see you There !!! Your Bro LJ James AmericanBikerX.com

don't forget a 24hr Mcdonalds, pizzeria with delivery all within a mile. And an Ace Hardware, Beer Distributor and 2 prime butcher's within 5 miles. Speaking of beer, since this contest is basically in a bars backyard, are there going to be any rules about bringing our own refreshments?

I see red cups everywhere:shock::shock::shock:

We just secured the venue and have not had a full site survey yet. Although its a strong infrastructure, theres alot of catching up and scrambling to do to make up for the wasted time since january.

Details will all be available in due time.

I forgot to add that it is easy to get to via the Bridgeport and Orient Point Ferries for any New England Teams that want to participate.

Has anyone done this in the past? Is it possible to make the Sunday night ferry? I suppose it's too early to ask what time the awards will be :p

Has anyone done this in the past? Is it possible to make the Sunday night ferry? I suppose it's too early to ask what time the awards will be :p

No need to stick around for awards. I'm keeping them all.

Clint knows this all too well...he spent some time out there while trying to find the DEER PARK Tanger Outlets.

That really sucked! Who knew Long Island loved outlets so much?

I live in wading river, and can make it to orient in an hour, but wouldn't risk it. We always leave hour and a half early, and you have to be at the ferry a half hour early or else they give away your spot.

We have. The first two years in Sayville we took the ferry from New London. It's great way to do it.

-Mike

there's an 830 and a 10 out of port jeff, and a 8pm out of orient. Manorville to orient is a hour and a half. Either one would be very doable

Orient to Manorville is only 40 miles or 55 minutes via Sound Avenue. I drive it all the time for work and the some of the contests we have done in New England.

Back