brisket question

maxwell7

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I've smoked brisky,butts etc. I'm wondering--is there any reason I can't put a brisket on my kettle rotiss. and smoke it , rather than just on the rack?I have an old Smoke 'n' cook cast iron kettle that has a rotiss.Just considering. Thanks Doug:confused:

Just saw someone doing that at the Royal. Caught a quick video clip of it online. He said it was a Hot and Fast brisket, so you may want to be sure you keep an eye on it.

I would think as long as you can make sure it stays whole on the rotisserie and you can control the heat this would work out fine. It would sure do away with fat cap up/down as a discussion in your cooking.

Thanks all. I stated the wrong name. It's an old Cook ' N' Kettle,but cast iron. My Dad got in the late 50's. You can see it at cooknkettle.com It does a wonderful job of smoking,grilling, or rotiss.I'd like to rig up some kind of water buffer between the meat and the fire.My old grate rusted out, and the replacements are big bucks for this retired old man. I'll give it a try I think!:becky:

Just saw someone doing that at the Royal. Caught a quick video clip of it online. He said it was a Hot and Fast brisket, so you may want to be sure you keep an eye on it.

I saw that too. I think it was Jonny Rotisserie who is a member here. As his name implies, he spins everything (i think?)

I say give it a shot. Just make sure you have got it secured.

Paul

Back