Brisket Time...

BruceB

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Put a 13lb brisket on the WSM this morning, it was 7º. Slathered with a little Worsty Sauce and used a combo of two rubs; Billy Bones Beef Master and a rub from a guy on another Board. Cooking around 250º using oak and apple wood.

All ready for the smoke.

After 5 hours, humming right along.

More pics later.

Here's a couple more pics; temp at 180º and just prior to foiling. Pulled at 195º and separated the point and put back on for burnt ends..very tender and moist, great flavor. More once I slice it.

Dinners at 7 guys...you bring the beer. :)

Last edited:
If you're lookin' you ain't cookin! :biggrin:

Looks great Bruce. :cool:

"and a rub from a guy on another Board"

Does this guy have a name ??

No Names Rub

:mrgreen::mrgreen:

Man all of my GLBBQA brthren cooking and not inviting me over....

Great looking beef!

I gotta ask: What is that thing that you have wedged in the greate? You can really see it in the first picture.

Lookin good Bruce, wish i got some of that beef rub, let us know what ya think, gotta be better than the Cherry rub..:oops:

Hey Mike, pick me up on the way over!!

Great looking beef!

I gotta ask: What is that thing that you have wedged in the greate? You can really see it in the first picture.

That is what's called a thermometer tree, it is sold by BBQ Guru, and it hold your digital probes for your therms.

Yeah, the guru thing is cool -----but 7 degrees. Son, that is dedicated. I beeech when it drops to 30. Good looking grub. Glad I'm here and you're there!

As soon as Bruce tells me its ready :twisted:

You didnt like the Cherry Rub ?? :razz:

Lookin good Bruce, wish i got some of that beef rub, let us know what ya think, gotta be better than the Cherry rub..:oops:

Hey Mike, pick me up on the way over!!

That looks really nice Bruce!! Send me a slice just to make sure!

Back