RF Smoke Stack Question

bluetang

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Finishing up the reverse flow project, and a friend dropped off a pipe for the smoke stack. I was looking for a 5" but beggars can't be choosy. It is a 3.5" ID, and the RF calculator calls for 66" with my set up. Seems way high. Can I get away with two 33" X 3.5" stacks instead, maybe longer?
Also, how ya cutting the holes? I have hole saws and an acetylene torch, both of which I suck at using. Thanks for any help.

Last edited:
Hey Blue... I had the same issue with my build (in my sig). I double stacked it... works great. Go for it bro.

Took my angles (ground to fit) marked em out (level) the took the torch to it with about a 1/4" inside the line to buff off my shoddy acetylene skills :thumb:

544ebaea.jpg

4928f797.jpg

e82a8d97.jpg

4187180b.jpg

1d8ac5a2.jpg

Hope that helps...

Oh yeah... this might help as well... :wink:

9696159c.jpg

c9074e4a.jpg

Cheers Brother!

I have a question for you guys. In doing the calculations for your reverse flow did you consider the space under the RF plate as part of your cooking space or as part of your firebox, or neither?

Hey Blue... I had the same issue with my build (in my sig). I double stacked it... works great. Go for it bro.

Took my angles (ground to fit) marked em out (level) the took the torch to it with about a 1/4" inside the line to buff off my shoddy acetylene skills :thumb:

Cheers Brother!

Perfect! Thanky. My day is planned:thumb:

Back