2 Types of Jerky on Pitboss Copperhead

Jason TQ

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
I haven't made jerky in quite some time. Probably a few years actually. But with my easy bake oven I figured it was the perfect time to get back on the horse.

Picked up 2 hunks of round yesterday (both about 2.75lbs) and mixed up a few random types of marinades. I didn't measure, because I don't have a good reason for that, but here are pics of the ingredients.

They marinaded since about 6pm yesterday and went on about 8am this morning.

I did add cayenne and crushed red pepper to the bulgogi one. Running smoker at 150 for the first 4hrs and then bumped to 175 till it gets where I want it.
MVk1kDZl.jpg

lvH2bh6l.jpg

arXgUY4l.jpg

8c44FRMl.jpg

SMeLXvJl.jpg

R9PlJhSl.jpg

wQQEDnpl.jpg

KS8eQh4l.jpg

DGTV5w3l.jpg

yMcphPWl.jpg

q8gziC5l.jpg

875VUcKl.jpg

KY0GZfTl.jpg

Pj9jzvEl.jpg

SOvDgUql.jpg

I haven't made jerky in quite a while myself, so I am going to be naturally envious. Waiting for the results.

To me the Copperhead is the perfect jerky machine. I would keep it for its jerky capabilities alone.

Have you paid attention to temps at all? I thought I would make jerky on mine, but haven't gotten around to it yet. Mine runs all over the place (which I don't care) when I run at 250. I thought maybe the spikes would be too much for good jerky. Any experience with this?

Have you paid attention to temps at all? I thought I would make jerky on mine, but haven't gotten around to it yet. Mine runs all over the place (which I don't care) when I run at 250. I thought maybe the spikes would be too much for good jerky. Any experience with this?
Sorry for the delay. This is the first time at lower temps and it held great.

I've had mine at higher temps vary, but nothing crazy
20190823_170548.jpg20190823_170701.jpg

That looks delicious! I didn’t know you could got that low on the copperhead. My Mak will only go to the smoke setting which is 180. Might have to still give it a try.

That looks delicious! I didn’t know you could got that low on the copperhead. My Mak will only go to the smoke setting which is 180. Might have to still give it a try.

It’s also around 95 degrees today in ATL metro so that may help.

looks good, did you brown some in the pan before smoking??

You ever tried the Krave brand of jerky? That’s more my style and I’ve been trying to replicate the softness of the meat. It’s pork and not beef though...

e94c99b10fed8c9c5ee46351fce60daa.jpg

You ever tried the Krave brand of jerky? That’s more my style and I’ve been trying to replicate the softness of the meat. It’s pork and not beef though...

e94c99b10fed8c9c5ee46351fce60daa.jpg

Ya krave is great. I've never had any homemade jerky that is tender like the stuff you can get in stores.

Back