MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 08-22-2019, 07:43 PM   #31
sudsandswine
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokinJohn View Post
. I came home to find her complaining about having the runs. I asked her how many of the bars she ate. She had eaten 6. I couldn't suppress the laughter. Sugar Alcohols (one of the sweeteners used in Atkins bars) causes the runs, if taken in sufficient quantities (like 6 bars). Needless to say, she didn't stay on Atkins long.
Thats for sure....and god forbid you throw some nicotene in the mix, and even more so after you had a low carb liquor beverage or 3 the night before. But, that is a story for another day

Old 08-22-2019, 08:02 PM   #32
4ever3
Quintessential Chatty Farker

It’s best to avoid alllllll sugar or “sugar substitutes.”

Y’all wanna get to the root? Start digging into sugar...

#thatchitaintnogood

Old Oklahoma Joe
Weber Smokey Joe
Weber Jumbo Smokey Joe
Weber Classic Premium (Jessi)
Weber Summit Charcoal (Waylon)
GMG Daniel Boone

“The cannons don’t thunder, there’s nothing to plunder, I’m an over 40 victim of fate...”
4ever3 is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 08-22-2019, 08:49 PM   #33
SmokinAussie
Quintessential Chatty Farker

If there is only one thing you do, ditch the free sugars. In the SAD, doing just that alone is enough for people to lose a little weight and feel a little better. Do that for a few weeks and then if you are ready, do the rest. BUT! Be careful. If you have free sugars and start consuming higher levels of fats and proteins, you'll get fatter and sicker. Check the Keto Thread for more info.

SmokinAussie is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-23-2019, 01:28 AM   #34
Badjak
is one Smokin' Farker

Just eat smaller portions, but keep eating what you like :)

Old 08-23-2019, 06:42 AM   #35
sudsandswine
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badjak View Post
Just eat smaller portions, but keep eating what you like :)
The inability to do that is what got many where they are in the first place...lack of portion control/self control (I include myself in that statement). Try eating over 2000 calories on a keto diet...its actually fairly hard to do.