*** 2019 Chicago Area Brethren Summer Gathering - ILFO, IAFO, INFO, WIFO, MIFO or anyone :) - Saturday, August 3, 2019

I know I posted this on Facebook also, but those who need cooler space how much do you need and what temps do you need to run. I can easily bring my bigger smoker! Any suggestions for food? Was thinking of doing a big meat or ribs, been keeping any eye on amount of people

If any of you all would like to do a little bit of bass fishing before the bash, please let me know. There's a small lake nearby full of small, finicky, easily spooked bass that would love to meat you!! :mrgreen:

If any of you all would like to do a little bit of bass fishing before the bash, please let me know. There's a small lake nearby full of small, finicky, easily spooked bass that would love to meat you!! :mrgreen:

So you're saying that you're cooking bass at the bash? :thumb:

I know I posted this on Facebook also, but those who need cooler space how much do you need and what temps do you need to run. I can easily bring my bigger smoker! Any suggestions for food? Was thinking of doing a big meat or ribs, been keeping any eye on amount of people

I still haven’t figured out what to cook :-D

Keep the time frame in mind. Ribs would probably be ok, but I would do anything that takes longer.

I am thinking about whipping up a couple of special fatties, so if you decided to bring the big cooker I could use a little space.

I could probably use space about the size for a couple racks of ribs. Probably bring two 1/4 size sheet pan racks so I don't hog up too much space at once. 250ish or lower for me, but can adapt to other temps.

Last edited:
Probably 10ish like last year. Not a whole lot of people seem to show up early. Anyone planning on cocktails the night before?

We'll likely get there around 10 as well.

I decided on home rolled fatties :-D

We have so much ground pork from comp trimmings that I may as well use it. Not sure what flavor fatties, but I promise they will be interesting :shock:

Jon, if you can spare some space in your cooker that would be great :thumb:

Last edited:
I decided on home rolled fatties :-D

We have so much ground pork from comp trimmings that I may as well use it. Not sure what flavor fatties, but I promise they will be interesting :shock:

Do a reverse vegan fattie.

Instead of fake and soy based meat substitutes trying to be combined to make something pass as meat, you can you pork trimmings and other meats in a fattie and try and get them to taste like broccoli.

Yum

Have tried smoked tofu at a SoCal bash and can make that if y'all would like to try it.

Do a reverse vegan fattie.

Instead of fake and soy based meat substitutes trying to be combined to make something pass as meat, you can you pork trimmings and other meats in a fattie and try and get them to taste like broccoli.

Yum

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Back