Barry Rd Hy-Vee Comp., North Kansas City, April 25 & 26, 2008

Kyle will be there cooking as Slabs. Sister and I are cooking Sugar Creek as TheSlabs.com

No, I'm cooking with Randy on his Old Hickory and my WSM. The Gator is currently in Iowa but after Boondoggle's first comp in May, the Competitor will go to Iowa and the Gator will stay in KC.

Good luck to all of you, if I get a chance I might stop by and say Hey...J

Wasnt Slab Chicks Val..... and Brent?:shock:

easy now, Brent has a new verson I think him and a young lady from the Squeel seen. I can't remember the name though!!

oh yeah THE SLABS OF APPROVAL that is it

Slab Chicks pre-dates Brent (Slab Dude) being on the team.

Heck, we could start a whole thread on the various Slabs teams through history...

Tom and Josh's Orgasmic Slabs
Tom and Josh's Orgasmic Slabs, Too
Slab Chicks
TheSlabs.com
Slab Dude
Slabs of Approval
Slabs

Did I miss any?

Lol!

Tom & Joshs Orgasmic Slabs started with my brother Tom and cousin Josh. After Tommy passed away in '98, it was me and Josh and I called upon Kyle.

Josh got married and thought best to remove himself. After a year or so, he competed as Tom & Joshs Orgasmic Too.

YOU DID MISS ONE! lol! One weekend when Josh & I had a family gathering thing, Kyle went and cooked in (Iowa????, don't remember'..) and he used the team name T & J's.

Val wanted to cook Warrensburg MO the year we got invited to the Chest to Chest in Great Bend KS. She teamed up with our friend, Boots. The Slab Chicks. Boots only went one year, so, Brent and Val cook it together. Last year orthe year before, he got called in Kids Q and Larry King called him Slab Dude.

We started producing bbq products in 2004. After hearing numerous older folks ask us about our ''organic'' bbq and freaking them out when corrected AND adding to the product list, we decided to try to get more hits on our website store, TheSlabs.com

Kyle has a gig in Weston MO Friday night, closer to the HyVee competition, I wanted to go to Sugar Creek because Sue Mikula (organizer) supports Kookers Kare and Kyle was all for it til the gig came up. Slabs.

OH! One more, Music City Slab Pals, half TheSlabs.com, half Music City Pig Pals! lmao!

Whoops! Slabs of Approval. Brents last year of Kids Q was last year, he wanted to cook. He, Lauren (Betsy's daughter) and Austin (Lana's son) from Squeal of Approval, teamed up. Slabs sponsor them with the use of a pit, products, etc. and Squeal sponsors them as well. HOWEVER, they pay their own way, entry fee, coal, meat. At the OK Joe contest last year, Brent got Joe Davidson (Royal Oak) to sponsor them and acquired The Kansas City BBQ Store (Jeff & Joy Stehney) for a meat sponsor. Chip off the 'ol block! lol!

There's the Slabs 'history 'o names'! lol!

I am known by a symbol overseas.

COMING SOON.....Bob O & The Slabs!

Steph

Last edited:
Slab Chicks pre-dates Brent (Slab Dude) being on the team.

Heck, we could start a whole thread on the various Slabs teams through history...

Tom and Josh's Orgasmic Slabs
Tom and Josh's Orgasmic Slabs, Too
Slab Chicks
TheSlabs.com
Slab Dude
Slabs of Approval
Slabs

Did I miss any?

I still think Brent should have used "Orgasmic Squeal" instead of "Slabs of Approval" but Steph wasn't quite so high on the idea. :lol:

Lol!

Tom & Joshs Orgasmic Slabs started with my brother Tom and cousin Josh. After Tommy passed away in '98, it was me and Josh and I called upon Kyle.

Josh got married and thought best to remove himself. After a year or so, he competed as Tom & Joshs Orgasmic Too.

YOU DID MISS ONE! lol! One weekend when Josh & I had a family gathering thing, Kyle went and cooked in (Iowa????, don't remember'..) and he used the team name T & J's.

Val wanted to cook Warrensburg MO the year we got invited to the Chest to Chest in Great Bend KS. She teamed up with our friend, Boots. The Slab Chicks. Boots only went one year, so, Brent and Val cook it together. Last year orthe year before, he got called in Kids Q and Larry King called him Slab Dude.

We started producing bbq products in 2004. After hearing numerous older folks ask us about our ''organic'' bbq and freaking them out when corrected AND adding to the product list, we decided to try to get more hits on our website store, TheSlabs.com

Kyle has a gig in Weston MO Friday night, closer to the HyVee competition, I wanted to go to Sugar Creek because Sue Mikula (organizer) supports Kookers Kare and Kyle was all for it til the gig came up. Slabs.

OH! One more, Music City Slab Pals, half TheSlabs.com, half Music City Pig Pals! lmao!

There's the Slabs 'history 'o names'! lol!

I am known by a symbol overseas.

COMING SOON.....Bob O & The Slabs!

Steph

Bob O and The Slabs... do tell :) Someday maybe you'll even go for a slabs on wheels or just make me a slab ho(De Do) <evil laugh mod muahahahahaha>:twisted: :icon_clown<flamin' que!!!> (Yes, andy has HiJacked Kim's SN for this post, now back to your regularly scheduled programming...)

Back