• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Source for wholesale lump charcoal.

Pyle's BBQ

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Does anyone know where to get lump charcoal at wholesale? I need to order about 2 pallets and want to get the best deal.

Thanks.

This is where I go. If you are ever in Chicago.:cool:
Berger Brothers Inc
Commercial & Bar B Que charcoal since 1880.
(312) 642-4238
1176 N Cherry Ave
Chicago, IL 60642

It depends on what brand you want or will accept. You can have rest. supply vendors deliver to your door, pick up at the plant in your own vehicle or pick up at a dock and so on. Once you decide then make the call to that source. Down in SW MO I can get a food vendor to deliver pallets of the charcoal I like and is harder to find for the same as picking up at plant (300 mile drive). Shopping will help, but decide on which route. Also the Do It Best route prices the RO lump at very reasonable prices per bag, might try them for a better deal. Good Luck. Steve.

I can get RO lump at Menard's for $5.98/8.8# bag. I'll look around. Thanks for the idea.

Sent from my obsolete 3GS iPhone.

I heard the cysco stuff is pretty good, if you have a connection for cysco

I heard the cysco stuff is pretty good, if you have a connection for cysco

I checked with them and they only have briquettes. I am looking for lump. It works best for me.

I will see what kind of deal I can get at Menard's. I like the RO they have.

Bryan I swear I've seen Sysco lump before. Believe its made by RO. Could of been in my head though....

I am going to see what kind of deal I can get through Menard's.

I have talked to the rep at Sysco and he said they don't carry any lump charcoal.

I am going to check out Seven Oaks Charcoal. They are in Lineville, IA and have a very good review from Naked Whiz.

No RD here in Iowa. Would be nice if they were here. We are just getting our first Whole Foods here in Des Moines.

Seven Oaks is excellent charcoal. In my experience, it's hard to find and a little on the expensive side.

There is the regular lump and the "Steakhouse" lump. They are in different bags. Menard's used to get the Steakhouse, but now gets the regular. I have notice that the Steakhouse was a little better. I didn't find as much debris and more consistent chunks. This was just my experience, I have no data to prove this.

Bryan I don't think the ladies are making 7 oaks anymore. If you can find it let me know because that lump rocked!!

• Thanks
Reactions: pat
If memory serves me right, make sure the RO is made in the US and not South America.... the US stuff is oak and hickory and the South America stuff is who knows.......

And yes, RD (2 1/2 hrs away) is the best I can find around for just walking in and picking up a few bags at a time.... otherwise I get the smaller bags at WM locally.

Back