Business cards

ChicagoSizzlin

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Anyone recommend a website to get business cards online that is fairly inexpensive? Wasnt sure where to post this so please feel free to move in needed.

Is there a printer in your local area? Cards are not expensive and it is always nice to keep your dollars local. Just a suggestion. Good luck.

I agree, I actually found a local printer that was even a couple dollars cheaper than vistaprint after you factor in shipping.

It was Aim Mail Center. but any office supply store should be able to do it.

Just as a small addition to this. Minuteman Press will shortly be going live with online design and ordering. It will work much better than anything Vistaprint has ever done... AND you get the option of picking your cards up in store... in a few days... Try doing THAT with VistaPrint!:heh::heh::heh:

Also, just Google "Vistaprint sucks" and see what you get!

Cheers!

Bill

I agree on doing them locally.

Last time I did cards, I sat down with the shop owner, he translated my ideas to his computer screen, offered his expertise on wording and layout, as well as colors, and then printed out the prototype right there.

Then we went to the card stock samples. Something I had never given much thought to. I'm glad I did. My choice of color looked great on some card stock, and horrible on others. And since he had the design and info, I bought a box of custom letterhead and envelopes. Everything was ready in three days.

Also consider if you need invoices and proposals. We're not a paperless society yet....

My .02 worth

Chris

DO NOT USE VISTA PRINT,

As a printer myself... I know the quality of the cards is dreadful and it takes you weeks to get them.

There is a Minuteman Press in Joliet... go there.. tell them an owner in Australia referred you. I am sure you will be happy.

Regards

Bill

Ok wasnt sure on vistaprint either. Will check them out thanks Bill.

I have been using Vista Print for years. I have purchased about 10,000 cards over the past few years. Only once was the color off. I called them up and they did a reprint.

I have also done low run shirt orders for BBQ events and promo items.

Plus Google Vista Print Coupon Codes. I just found one that I used for 80% off.

I use Vistaprint every time and have had no issues. The trick is to wait for good deals and order then, not to wait until you need them.
I don't need a thousand at a time. If you do, I can see ordering local, but if you only need a couple hundred at a time,(at least around here) there is no local printer that can come close to the price.. even with shipping.

time,(at least around here) there is no local printer that can come close to the price.. even with shipping.

I know we live in a cost driven society...I think that same way alot of times as well. Isn't it ironic that we're so fast to send our $$$ elsewhere based on price alone even if the quality and customer services suffers...yet many of the people on this forum are caterers or other business owners who fight the "lower cost/cheaper product" competitors every day? Just ironic...that's all.

..I also have never had an issue with the quality either.
If I did have an issue with either the service or the quality or service, I would move on to another provider as I would expect any of my customers to do.

Just wanted to give an update. I talked to a couple of local printers and let me tell you its no wonder people take their business online. I have 2 quotes that look they were written by a 4th grader with no explanation of paper options or glossy techniques. Not to mention one tried to quote me $140 for 2000 cards with already supplied art work. Its a shame because I would rather put the money in someone locals pocket first. It seems otherwise right now.

Giving http://gotprint.net a try right now and see how it goes. A friend of mine used them and I like how his turned out. Thanks for all the info and will let you guys know how my cards turn out as well.

JFYI I ordered 1000 cards for $20. Glossy cards and art I supplied.

Giving http://gotprint.net a try right now and see how it goes. A friend of mine used them and I like how his turned out. Thanks for all the info and will let you guys know how my cards turn out as well.

JFYI I ordered 1000 cards for $20. Glossy cards and art I supplied.

I tell you what.

Supply the art to me. You can upload the file here. I'll be happy to produce you a sample of your business card and send it to you in the USA.

All of you have invested in your good BBQ and your good reputation. How you present yourselves also has to be the best.

When you get a customer who brings this can up to you...
DSC_0006_1548.jpg

And asks if he can get a serve of your ribs for the same price... what would you say....:cool::cool:

You pay for quality.. even if it's not BBQ:cool:

Back