MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 03-07-2014, 10:15 PM   #31
palmtreefrb
is one Smokin' Farker

Why all the markup and js/jquery source code in the post?
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingHog View Post
Hi Ron_L,

I'm Mark, the developer of CyberCook. I will be updating my website this weekend to include CyberCook. In the meantime, here are links for the User Guide and a Features Guide that describe the main features of the app.

I am working on an iPhone version right now and it should be available in three to four weeks.

Features Guide -
https://www.dropbox.com/s/cm9fpvg7nr...20Features.pdf

User Guide -
https://www.dropbox.com/s/hgxh4wb0do...%201.0.doc.pdf

Old 03-07-2014, 10:19 PM   #32
Ron_L

Name/Nickname : Captain Ron

Quote:
Hi Ron_L,

I'm Mark, the developer of CyberCook. I will be updating my website this weekend to include CyberCook. In the meantime, here are links for the User Guide and a Features Guide that describe the main features of the app.

I am working on an iPhone version right now and it should be available in three to four weeks.

Features Guide -
https://www.dropbox.com/s/cm9fpvg7nr...20Features.pdf

User Guide -
https://www.dropbox.com/s/hgxh4wb0do...%201.0.doc.pdf
Quote:
Ron_L, my website has been updated with CyberCook. There are a couple of files that can be viewed/downloaded with detailed information on the application.

I plan on adding a video demonstration of use and functionality of the app next week.

Mark (Flying Hog)
Thanks, Mark! I'll take a look.

Naked Fatties Rock!

PKGo X 2/PK360/
Ron_L is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-07-2014, 10:21 PM   #33
Ron_L

Name/Nickname : Captain Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by palmtreefrb View Post
Why all the markup and js/jquery source code in the post?

that's nothing that Mark did. I looked at the original post and he posted a link to a .pdf, and it looks like the forum software is trying to embed it for some reason. I'll ask Phil to take a look at it.

Naked Fatties Rock!

PKGo X 2/PK360/
Ron_L is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-07-2014, 11:10 PM   #34
Dirtbuddy
is one Smokin' Farker

Nice looking app.

For my iPhone I use BBQ Remote from time to time and it works pretty well.

Old 03-08-2014, 09:33 AM   #35
Bperkins01
Full Fledged Farker

I use BBQ Remote too and it works just fine. I like the looks of this app just for the fun factor.

Will the iPhone version be available as part of the iPad version (i.e. Don't have to purchase it too?)

thx

There have been situations where I need to run to the store or do something and I can check the pit from my phone and if it needs a stick - I just call home and have someone throw one in..
Bperkins01 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-08-2014, 09:52 AM   #36
porknbeans
Got rid of the matchlight.

I finally decided to join brethren since I couldn't find a support contact email for this app :) Maybe I'll post more now! ANyway, I had a question which others probably have as well...

I was about to fork over the $10 (which seemed a bit high compared to the alternatives like bbq remote and pit pal) then read the user guide which is very nice and it said I have to have the app running in the foreground for all of this to work? And not go into sleep mode?!? If true, hopefully not, that is probably a show stopper for me

I was assuming it would run in the background and alarm me even if in sleep mode or im in a different app or checking email or whatever. Also, not sure that's good for the ipad and the screen leaving it on all the time is it? Also, while we have electricity at the cook area, I usually don't have it in my sleeping area (ie back of SUV ) at comps so not sure my ipad battery will last if it needs to be on all night.

In addition, does this mean it wont be charting stuff if the app is not running?

Sorry for all the questions and not trying to be negative as I really wanted this to work. But the key features to me are the temp alerts and charting (I can do everything else through the guru website) and if I have to run the thing 24/7 to work, not sure how realistic that is..

Any techy people know a workaround to fake an app running in background so this works?
porknbeans is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 03-08-2014, 09:59 AM   #37
Bperkins01
Full Fledged Farker

I read some of that too... I know iOS7 allows background updates..
But not letting the screen go blank is an issue.

Since it has been tested all last year - I'm sure there will be some clarification. I agree with you.. the fun parts will not be all that fun if the screen is on for 12 hours straight.
Bperkins01 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-08-2014, 10:00 AM   #38
FlyingHog

Quote:
Originally Posted by porknbeans View Post
I finally decided to join brethren since I couldn't find a support contact email for this app :) Maybe I'll post more now! ANyway, I had a question which others probably have as well...

I was about to fork over the $10 (which seemed a bit high compared to the alternatives like bbq remote and pit pal) then read the user guide which is very nice and it said I have to have the app running in the foreground for all of this to work? And not go into sleep mode?!? If true, hopefully not, that is probably a show stopper for me

I was assuming it would run in the background and alarm me even if in sleep mode or im in a different app or checking email or whatever. Also, not sure that's good for the ipad and the screen leaving it on all the time is it? Also, while we have electricity at the cook area, I usually don't have it in my sleeping area (ie back of SUV ) at comps so not sure my ipad battery will last if it needs to be on all night.

In addition, does this mean it wont be charting stuff if the app is not running?

Sorry for all the questions and not trying to be negative as I really wanted this to work. But the key features to me are the temp alerts and charting (I can do everything else through the guru website) and if I have to run the thing 24/7 to work, not sure how realistic that is..

Any techy people know a workaround to fake an app running in background so this works?
CyberCook is now on my website with a link to [email protected].

Currently CyberCook must be running in the foreground in order for it to work. At the time the app was developed, iOS only supported certain types of apps running in the background (music, etc). iOS 7 relaxed this a little bit and I am looking into whether iOS will let this type of app run in the background often enough to do its job. If it does, I will update the app immediately.

There is no danger of "burning" the screen on the iPad because of the design of the display. It is not like a computer screen.
FlyingHog is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 03-08-2014, 03:56 PM   #39
utahusker
On the road to being a farker

I used it today, and to me it's the best app for IOS. The reports are nice, if your a geek like me.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Pastrami Report.pdf (73.1 KB, 38 views)
utahusker is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->
Old 03-22-2014, 03:12 PM   #40
sdbbq1234
is One Chatty Farker

Thanks utahusker for the analysis of this.

Anyone else use this and have any feedback?

Thanks.
wallace

- Life Is Good But BBQ Is Better
- BWS - Fat Boy
- WSM 22.5
- A bunch on other outdoor cooking stuff.
- KCBS CBJ# 58657
- MABA Member

"Take luck!"
sdbbq1234 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-23-2014, 12:05 PM   #41
bassandbeer
Full Fledged Farker

that looks awesome. Great job!
bassandbeer is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-07-2014, 07:18 PM   #42
smokinajs
Knows what a fatty is.

Just bought this app. Any more end user feedback. Will try it out this weekend

Old 04-22-2014, 08:24 AM   #43
FlyingHog

Default CyberCook Mini (for iPhone) Now Available

CyberCook Mini (for iPhone) was approved by Apple yesterday and is now available on the App Store. It includes all of the features of CyberCook (for iPad) except for email and printing of PDF cook session reports, which will be available next week. It also supports both Fahrenheit and Celsius temp scales.

Thanks to all of you who have emailed me with suggestions and feedback.

You can find CyberCook Mini at https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/cybe...855192128?mt=8
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Control panel 2.jpg (45.1 KB, 96 views)
File Type: jpg Control panel 3.jpg (46.4 KB, 93 views)
File Type: jpg Graph.jpg (53.5 KB, 94 views)
File Type: jpg Manage Session.jpg (54.0 KB, 94 views)
File Type: jpg Timers.jpg (57.9 KB, 93 views)
File Type: jpg Menu.jpg (53.6 KB, 93 views)
FlyingHog is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
guru. cyberq