Wish me luck brothers. First brisket

JackandStacey

Is lookin for wood to cook with.
Reaction score
Alright guys, the time has come. It is time for my first brisket. I've never held a $40 piece of beef before and now it's fate is in my hands. I don't think I'm going to sleep well knowing this thing is cooking.
null_zps52d51aa1.jpg

Thanks guys, and I have faith in you. Before the brethern the only thing I knew about a brisket was that it was an option at famous Dave's. thanks to you guys I have been able to produce Q good enough that the wife calls me to see if I need more charcoal while she's out. Here's the last look until tomorrow morning.

null_zpscd2a31b6.jpg

Good luck and you should do fine. Just don't over think it. :clap2:

What could possibly go wrong..................
That UDS should put out some darn good brisket, don't sweat it, just keep it simple and enjoy the ride.............

Look as if every thing is going great. Don't worry. Make sure you post the finish product that will be juicy and delicious .

Hope all is going well! I've been cooking with Stubbs for a couple months now and I'm really impressed at the clean fire, stable heat an very low ash production, love that stuff.

No luck needed. Just put the meat in the smoke and let the heat do its work.

If the bark starts getting too dark on you, wrap or pan it up. If not, let it ride.

Cook till the thing probes like warm butter then take it off the heat.

Let it vent for 20mins then wrap or pan it up and let it rest for a couple hours.

Slice and enjoy. Dip the flat slices into the dripping in the pan/foil.

You create your own luck in backyard bbq ;)

I also love the Stubbs once the intial start up smoke is gone, very long burn time for me st 225. Good luck on the brisket ill be trying one soon.

Looking like a good start. But now it's morning.. how's it going?

I was very happy to wake up to a drum full of meat sitting at 228 degrees. Just took my first look at it since last night and darn is she pretty. The probe is sliding in like butter except for the thickest section. I know you all say ditch the thermo but I got a little nervous so I checked temp. 192 so I think I'm doing alright. Sorry no pics this time, didn't want to leave the lid open too long.

Back