Royal Oak charcoal

D

deezdrama

Is it any good?

Also - I accidentally got the minit light charcoal- it was on sale- should I stay away from using match lite type charcoal in my UDS?

If anything I can always use it in the chimney to start out with- and throw it ontop of some non- match lite type charcoals.

I like the Royal Oak lump charcoal and these are what I use for lump most often. The briquettes weren't so impressive in my opinion but they were definitely usable.

I use royal oak and yes it is pretty good. Be sure and check before you cook because I and several others on here have found pieces of fiberglass in some bags. I don't have a UDS but I would definately stay away from any matchlite type charcoal period. I'm sure guys who have UDS's will chime in any second on this. Good luck!

i use both of the ro products. i like them. just right for me and predictable in use.

I personally would never use any "match light" type of product for anything! I find it leaves a discernable and unpleasant flavor that is is difficult to get out of a fire box, cooking chamber, UDS, Weber...

Never use Match-Lite for food..

I personally would never use any "match light" type of product for anything! I find it leaves a discernable and unpleasant flavor that is is difficult to get out of a fire box, cooking chamber, UDS, Weber...

I agree with MJ, never use a Instant light ie "match lite" type charcoal in any Grill or Smoker, :eek:it has Petroleum in it, the smell and also the taste gets on your food.:icon_sick Don't even use lighter Fluid to lite your charcoal in your chimney. The best way to light
your charcoal or Lump as most perfer is to soak some wadded up newspaper in cooking oil, put it in the bottom of your chimney, then put your coals on top, and light the paper..

i like ro lump,,stay away from matchlite,,unless its to start your camp fire..

I only use RO lump. It's the best quality I have found for the price.

As for the briquettes (sp?), you might want to check out Lowe's as they carry the Stubbs charcoal. I hear it's pretty good. I don't mind the Kingsford stuff but I would never use matchlite.

Fortunately Wal Mart usually has RO lump here. Cowboy lump from Lowes and Home Depot is NG. In a pinch the BGE lump is available at Barbecues Galore and is RO made. (But much more expensive). 6.27 a bag at WM is a good price.

Back