Contest Announcment Masters in May, Fremont, WI - May 3&4, 2013

Ron_L

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I just got off the phone with Tim from Tim's Full Belli Deli BBQ Team and they are putting together a KCBS sanctioned competition on May 3&4 in Fremont, Wisconsin. The event will be help at a Jellystone Park campground so full hookups will be available. There are also cabins available if you'd prefer that.

Information is at http://mastersinmay.com or http://www.kcbs.us/events.php?year=2013&month=5&id=3874

We wont be able to be there but hope every one else can make it .We will be cookin and partyin at Jacks daughters wedding. I hate to miss one this close to home but this whole year looks like that for us.

We will haul in the heat if we have to! Hope this thread gets us some more teams. I do have 13 confirmed this week already.:clap2:

dont see anything about cabins on the site. I would do this one if those are available

There still might be ice on the lakes Bill. Be careful!!!!:p

dont see anything about cabins on the site. I would do this one if those are available

Tim told me on the phone that they had cabins and they would be offering a discount, Bill. He posted above, so end him a PM.

So is this going to be strictly a comp? No fair or ancillary events going on? That's fine if it's the case, just curious. It's a little early, but we might go ahead and de-winterize, if we haven't already by then!

Can visitors gain admittance?

Just a comp. Beautiful venue, growing purse, great teams. No city fair, car show or carnival! Join us you'll be happy you did!

Tim Schopp
TIM'S FULL BELLI DELI
OSHKOSH,WI

J.O.S. WATER SMOKER
2 - TRAEGER 075 PELLET POOPERS
KAMADO JOE

Last edited:
Scotty, we will break up the ice if you wanna fish. Come and join us, we will even pass the pink bucket for the foundation, to make it worthwhile.

Tim Schopp
TIM'S FULL BELLI DELI
OSHKOSH,WI

OK Guys, here's the deal on cabins. We have 30-36 reserved sites all next to each other (1 area) We did this after listening to the complaints about Warrens,wi. Send in application, reserve a site, call JELLYSTONE and talk to KATY, make a deal with her on a cabin, slow time of year could bring a discount. They have different tupes of cabins. If you wish to cook at the cabin, check distance to turn in, electricity, water, but ideally if you get a discount you can maintain site, and cook there which keeps teams together.

Jellystone - Fremont,WI
920 446 3420

OK Guys, here's the deal on cabins. We have 30-36 reserved sites all next to each other (1 area) We did this after listening to the complaints about Warrens,wi. Send in application, reserve a site, call JELLYSTONE and talk to KATY, make a deal with her on a cabin, slow time of year could bring a discount. They have different tupes of cabins. If you wish to cook at the cabin, check distance to turn in, electricity, water, but ideally if you get a discount you can maintain site, and cook there which keeps teams together.

Jellystone - Fremont,WI
920 446 3420
doesnt seem to be anyone answering the phone since the park is closed at this time of year ..left a couple voicemails but no returned calls yet

Just a comp. Beautiful venue, growing purse, great teams. No city fair, car show or carnival! Join us you'll be happy you did!

Thanks Tim, we're giving it serious thought. I only asked about visitors,because we have some rewinds on nearby Appleton who might want to stop by Saturday.

It sounds like a great time!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk 2

BILLM _ I will get a hold of someone and have them answer the message you left. THANKS

STOKE&SMOKE -- Yes visitors are welcome and will not be charged!

BILLM _ I will get a hold of someone and have them answer the message you left. THANKS

STOKE&SMOKE -- Yes visitors are welcome and will not be charged!

Awesome, thanks! We'll be there! We always have our "mascot" Ember along, but looks like your pet policy is ok with her.

Last edited:
Masters in may .... Cabins

Okay Folks, Here it is, not only is Jellystone campground in off-season mode but their limited hours were cut more by a flood! Computer damage, the whole works, but Katy guarantees everyone is back on track, and doesn't want to see anyone not have a cabin. She is giving small discounts on all cabins, also! She can now be reached direct at
920 446 3420.
Hopefully this answers all the questions regarding CABINS.

Thanks

TIM SCHOPP
TIM'S FULL BELLI DELI
OSHKOSH,WI

Okay Folks, Here it is, not only is Jellystone campground in off-season mode but their limited hours were cut more by a flood! Computer damage, the whole works, but Katy guarantees everyone is back on track, and doesn't want to see anyone not have a cabin. She is giving small discounts on all cabins, also! She can now be reached direct at
920 446 3420.
Hopefully this answers all the questions regarding CABINS.

Thanks

TIM SCHOPP
TIM'S FULL BELLI DELI
OSHKOSH,WI
I can vouch for this. I spoke with Katy yesterday. She was most helpful. Lets hope the floods and snow and all are gone by May :)

just an fyi - Bare minimum cabins with heat/ac and electric only are around 72 bucks a night with tax. Larger ones (or cottages with heat/ac plumbing/showers/kitchens) are close to 200. I was told the small cabins are close to the actual campsites as well

If we got a cabin would that be considered our assigned cooking area? Or would we have a separate cook space.

Back