Wicked Good Lump Price?

Sledneck

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I noticed in the other charcoal thread that many people use wicked good. I have been shopping it around here and it is pricey. What do you pay for a 22# bag of the weekend warrior lump?

Online it's $13.50 for a 22 pound bag.
Don't forget any NEBS member also gets 5% off any order from Wicked Good.

I pay $18.00 for 22 lbs from a retailer in Dover (2 hours + from my house)

On line $57.73 for 3- 22 lb bags with shipping. I find that the quality is not as good after the folks at UPS get through chucking the shipping carton around, in other words, the lumps are much smaller and there is more "crumbs" when I have it shipped.

would like to find it closer to me,and cheaper.

This is like deju vu....

Sled's first post ever on this board was that he was going to take a ride to CT to buy several pallets of Wicked Good and wanted to know if any Long Island members wanted to go in on the deal...

For those who love Brethren history, here's Sled's into to the group... It all went downhill from here.. :biggrin: It was nice to see a post by Smoker too...

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14589

There is a distribution depot just outside of Concord, NH. Pallet sized orders can be picked up with a 24 Hour notice. A pallet is 30 - 22# bags. I bought a pallet of lump and a pallet of their natural briquettes, 960 lbs total, this past spring. It is cheaper per bag this way, but you have to put out a few hundred dollars at a whack. The good thing is I won't run out of charcoal for a couple of years!!
Next time I will post my intentions to see if someone would like to share in a pallet or two. Wicked good lump is good stuff.

Just went to the web site. If you pick up a pallets worth, the bags are about $12.66 each for a 22# bag

Last edited:
Last bag I bought here was 20.00...but it sure lasted a long time! I prefer it to BGE lump for my egg. :p

$20 picked up @ Hawgeyes here in Iowa as well...

$20-$22 per bag depending where I get it, only use it in the Eggs and it lasts forever.

$15, $16, $18 ... I forget.

Jeff, Paul, Jeff ... I believe you guys also use WG - what do we pay?

I picked up a bag at the Tempe Eggfest, I think it was $20.00. Have not even tried it yet. I hear it's good stuff but hard to lite.

WATG and I go to the same guy. There is a guy in reading PA that has it a little cheaper, but I doubt that much closer.

20 bucks or so ..at the one place in the Chicago area that carries it..sure would like to see more place in the area pick this up

Back