Seasoning for Steaks?

Last steak I cooked that had anything besides salt, pepper,and garlic on it was when I tried the Simply Marvelous Peppered Cow. Very very good, although next time I won't use near as much, as I think I overpowered the steaks. Still, they were awesome....

It's too late for today, but order a bottle of Ted and Barney's. It's our favorite on steak and burgers.

Everglades Seasoning is good. Always bring some home when returning from trips to Florida. Learned about it from the Hendry County Cattlemens Assoc.

Kosher salt.....

Correction: Steak and kosher salt......

Last edited:
Uncle Chris's Gourmet Steak Seasoning for my wife.
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper for me.

I like the garlic butter compound also. Try Kosher Salt, Fresh Cracked Black Pepper, and finish it with Bacon Fat! Yum... Might explain my wt issue! Not really an issue for me, but others have a problem with it! lol

Sounds like you don't really like steak much if a tbone seasoned with salt and pepper didn't taste good to you. that's not being a smart-aleck, that's just an honest observation. All I want on mine is some coarse salt and cracked pepper, I want to taste the steak and don't want it overwhelmed with seosonings. Sometimes I'll top it with some compound butter when I take it off the grill (butter, garlic, tyme, and bacon grease.)

For steaks, chops and chicken, I put down a THIN layer of Soy, Whorsey, and Maggi. It's a "unami" thing. 8)

Then just a bit of S&P all by itself, or sometimes with granulated garlic or onion, Montreal, Rub, or whatever strikes my fancy at the moment. 8)

In all cases, the seasoning is minor to preserve the flavor of the meat.

Good Eats!

TIM

Try Angelo's beef rub you can find it at Academy that is some good stuff I'm really surprised no one else has mentioned it.

Jrow

I make a version of burka seasoning from Cattleman's in Oklahoma City. No official recipe is offered but I saw them make it on either Man vs. Food or a Food Network show. He looked to use equal parts kosher salt, pepper, onion salt, seasoned salt and granulated garlic. I make mine without the pepper and grind fresh pepper on the steak after it comes off the grill then add a pat of butter. Everyone that has tried it likes it very much.

Back