Headed out

parrothead

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Leaving in a few minutes to go to Florence, KY (near cincinatti Ohio). Anything that anyone knows about out there?

Did a quick Google and came up with this:

[size=+1]Mr Ike's BBQ Fish Chicken & Soul[/size]
[size=-1]917 Lincoln Ave[/size]
[size=-1]Cincinnati, OH 45206[/size]
(513) 861-3600

[size=+1]Famous Dave's[/size]
4931 Houston Rd.
Florence, KY 41042
(859) 647-2300

Arlin_MacRae said:
Did a quick Google and came up with this:

[size=+1]Mr Ike's BBQ Fish Chicken & Soul[/size]
[size=-1]917 Lincoln Ave[/size]
[size=-1]Cincinnati, OH 45206[/size]
(513) 861-3600

[size=+1]Famous Dave's[/size]
4931 Houston Rd.
Florence, KY 41042
(859) 647-2300

Sorry Greg Been to both eat at McD's :sad:

While in Florence, get Skyline Chili 4-way (5 way is beans and I know you)

I've been to Florence many a time (needed to drive through it on 275 (I think thats the circle that goes around Cincy.)

Try and find a Montgomery Inn for ribs, but if you could hit the main one in Downtown Cincy on the river, go for it. (30 min drive or so, I think)

I agree with Bill on both Skyline and Montgomery Inn! Skyline 40-way and two cheese coneys! Don't forget to put a drop of hot sauce on the oyster crackers!

If you have time for a little fun, there is a great aquarium in the area (Newport, KY, I think). Its worth a visit.

Trout_man22 said:
Sorry Greg Been to both eat at McD's :sad:

Are you saying Google let me down?? hehe

Sorry, Greg. Didn't mean to lead you astray. ;)

I just checked with a friend who live north of Cincy. Here's what he suggested...

Montgomery Inn - There is one in Fort Mitchell, KY (about 7 miles from Florence)
http://www.montgomeryinn.com/restaurants/fortmitchell/index.html

Dee Felice Cafe - Cajun place in Covington, KY (along the river)
http://www.deefelice.com/

Scotti's - Italian, downtown Cincy
http://cincinnati.citysearch.com/profile/8153435/cincinnati_oh/scotti_s_italian_restaurant.html

He also mentioned a seafood place, but I didn't think you cared for seafood...

Love the seafood. Won't have time for dinner at this point now. heading back home tomorrow. Thanks for everyone's suggestions. (Except for that famous Dave's thing)

We did manage to get out for some ****tails last night. Went to Newport right near the above mentioned aquarium was a Hofbrahaus. I went to the one in Munich, so we had to stop in there. Got a liter mug to match the one I brought home from Munich.

Other than that, pretty much just boring paper work going on here.

"While in Florence, get Skyline Chili 4-way (5 way is beans and I know you)"

God!!!!
Bill you and Gregg bring back some memories. I haven’t had 4 way chili in 40 years. Let’s see if I remember, 2 way is chili and spaghetti, 3 way is, chili spaghetti & cheese, 4 way, add onions and or beans????????????? Done got confused, but you get the idea. I still miss it however the heck it works.
Gregg, I was born in Munich (Air Force brat) so I’ve been to the Hofbrahaus a few times, even as a kid………..

4-way is onions, 5 way is the dreaded beans...

I've been buying Skylin Chili and Spaghetti in the freezer section of my local Meijers grocery store. Add some shredded cheddar and onions and you're all set.

Back