MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 01-16-2013, 10:05 PM   #46
Foxfire
Full Fledged Farker

Not actually predicting any new Weber product lines. Just saying it would have been interesting to listen in on the discussion I'm sure they've had.

But just to play devil's advocate? This could be the same climate at Weber as it was just before they starting producing propane grills. Food for thought...
[COLOR="Blue"]Blue [/COLOR]Weber Performer + Craycort CI • [COLOR="red"]Brick Red[/COLOR] Weber One-Touch Platinum • Weber 26.75 Kettle • Akorn Kamado • ET 732 • Record-crushing [COLOR="Orange"][B]ORANGE[/B][/COLOR] Thermapen • UDS In Progress

Last edited by Foxfire; 01-16-2013 at 10:06 PM.. Reason: There's no numeral "3" in the word "be". Doh.
Foxfire is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-17-2013, 12:06 AM   #47
Blutch
Full Fledged Farker

I went to HD today and there was no sign of this cooker there, so I asked. The woman spent 15 minutes looking for it in their system. It isn't there. It isn't on the HD website. It isn't even on the Char-griller web site. Does this thing really exist? The Bigfoot of Komado cookers. :) B
UDS
Blutch is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-17-2013, 12:53 AM   #48
Foxfire
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blutch View Post
I went to HD today and there was no sign of this cooker there, so I asked. The woman spent 15 minutes looking for it in their system. It isn't there. It isn't on the HD website. It isn't even on the Char-griller web site. Does this thing really exist? The Bigfoot of Komado cookers. :) B
Honestly? My guess is we're WAY ahead of the curve here. A week or three and we'll see them all over. :) but if you see one, snap a pic! Maybe we'll get on "In Search Of..."
[COLOR="Blue"]Blue [/COLOR]Weber Performer + Craycort CI • [COLOR="red"]Brick Red[/COLOR] Weber One-Touch Platinum • Weber 26.75 Kettle • Akorn Kamado • ET 732 • Record-crushing [COLOR="Orange"][B]ORANGE[/B][/COLOR] Thermapen • UDS In Progress

Old 01-17-2013, 01:35 AM   #49
Trumpstylz
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxfire View Post
but if you see one, snap a pic! Maybe we'll get on "In Search Of..."
With Leonard Nimoy? I don't think its on anymore, but I miss that show.

Old 01-17-2013, 06:49 AM   #50
Oldbob
is One Chatty Farker

Char-Griller web site leaves a Lot to be desired....the only thing I could find Kamado related was the add on's that You can buy for the Akorn. The Model #6520 is what my LOwe's rep. asked about...so it must be in the system somewhere..!! Only time will tell I guess !
Weber Gasser Genesis Silver A
Pit Barrel Cooker
Maverick ET-732
VietNam Veteran US Navy
May you Sleep in Peace always...and Please....Thank a Veteran for That Privilege!!
Oldbob is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-17-2013, 07:58 AM   #51
smokesalad
Knows what a fatty is.

The table is a great idea. Even better if they addressed some of the issues many of us owners have had. Competition is a wonderfull thing.

Old 01-20-2013, 10:26 AM   #52
Big dawg
Knows what a fatty is.

Hey guys just wondering has anyone else seen this grill at Home Depot yet.
Big dawg is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-20-2013, 10:43 AM   #53
Foxfire
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big dawg View Post
Hey guys just wondering has anyone else seen this grill at Home Depot yet.
As of Friday it wasn't in the couple of Home Depot stores I pass on the way home from work.

Old 02-07-2013, 06:09 PM   #54
jonnyray
Wandering around with a bag of matchlight, looking for a match.

Any news on this? I'm looking to enter the Kamado market. I'm very interest in the AKorn. I currently use a Weber Performer and a Weber Summit gasser. I would absolutly buy a Weber Kamado in a second at almost any price point!
jonnyray is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-07-2013, 06:15 PM   #55
Trumpstylz
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyray View Post
I would absolutly buy a Weber Kamado in a second at almost any price point!
If weber has any plans on a kamado, none of us know about it, and it probably wouldn't go into effect for a long while

Old 02-07-2013, 06:43 PM   #56
Baby Back Maniac
is One Chatty Farker

I've said this before, but even though I think weber should build a kamado, I seriously don't see that happening.

Look at Weber's line up. They are dependable, long lasting, durable and not the least bit innovative. If you look at Weber's charcoal grills, they are for the most part repackaging the same concept over and over. Except for the GA, their idea of "branching out" is "make it smaller...now make it bigger...ok now put it in a table...now a different table...What?!?! You want me to make it bigger AND put it in a table? No WAY! that's way too much!!!"

I can't see them jumping on the steel kamado bandwagon any time soon.
Baby Back Maniac is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-07-2013, 07:01 PM   #57
schmitty28
On the road to being a farker

have seen the chargriller smokers including the acorn smoker at Kroger every year and every year if you are patient enough to wait till late summer they sell them at like 50% off just to get rid of them before winter at least that has been my experience here.I passed up last years model akorn the black one, my neighbor has it and modded it from videos online it runs like a champ they wanted $149.00 or 169.00 they originally wanted 299.00 was in Georgia on vacation so didn't go get it drank on the beach instead

Old 02-07-2013, 07:07 PM   #58
Blutch
Full Fledged Farker

I keep checking at Home Depot, but they don't know a thing about it. It isn't in their database and they have gotten their new shipments of grilling merch. I'm not sure it is going to happen.
UDS

Old 02-07-2013, 08:11 PM   #59
El Ropo
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Roger

I could be mistaken, but i thought the last year's models were only sold at Lowe's and not Home Depot?

2016 Fuji Absolute 2.0 LE (for burning off all the great BBQ)
El Ropo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-07-2013, 08:12 PM   #60
Blutch
Full Fledged Farker

Supposedly, this new version with a built in table is made specifically for HD.
UDS