Pizza failure

Norcoredneck

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Well brothers I gotta give those pimpled face kids at Pizza Hut some credit.
Making pizza is a lot harder than it looks. Got dough at Trader Joe's, forming it is a lot harder than it looks. Got my pizza stone/cooker I was so proud of out, fired up old ceramic cooker. Guess what? wont fit :eusa_clap. fired up gasser. Tried to slide pizza off board I made it on. Instant Lasagna all over stone. Next attempt a little better. Used more flower.Closed lid on gasser. Went to open lid and stainless rack that holds stone must have slid back wards. Can't open lid, force it open-no more cool thermometer on stainless rack :cry:. Very tasty. Next one on slid right off board. Only trouble is all the crap on stone is good and burned by now. Pizza getting black on bottom before top is done. Good thing I have lots of beer to supplement the nutrients I am missing from dinner. Now the wife and kid said they liked it, but now looking in fridge for yogurt. Gonna ask questions or craislist for all pizza hardware and Pizza Hut with the revenue.

Yes I agree. We did the same thing with the trader Joes dough. That chit is sticky! It took quite a few trys to get it decent. We have been using frozen bread dough from the regular grocery store. It works pretty good, but not as good as I want. We par cooked a bunch of smaller crusts made out of that frozen dough and had a birthday party. We laid out a chit load of different toppings and had everyone make their own littles pizzas. All the people there(mostly non foodies!) thought they were great, me not so much. I guess what has mostly helped us out, besides my wife having more patience than me, is lots of practice. Oh, time to go, she just pulled some calzones off the Egg right now, this is her first attempt at these! Good luck.

Try cornmeal or polenta on your peel to help pizza slide off. Also try rice flour.

I had that happen to me before I got a pizza peel, I was trying to slide the pie on an aluminum tray and it slid off the platesetter into the Egg, and I had a half dozen hungry teenagers breathing down my back with plates in their hands, patiently awaiting my masterpiece. The long faces are forever ingrained in my mind!
Try the corn meal or parchment paper on the stone.

I've been playin' around with pizzas on the egg for a few weeks now and a peel and cornmeal are my best friends. :p

I use Kosher salt on my peel. The corn meal scorches too easily. The salt gives a nice flavor.

Back