New York vendors permit...

Yakfishingfool

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
where do you start looking of r a permit to cook food for others. My son is in marching band and I'd like to do a pulled prok sammich fund rasier for some equipment. Where do you start? Would a donation be consider a "sale of service" and fall under the same restrictions??? Scott

I would start with the local health dept.

Yak--

Take a look at this info-- it is from the web site of a group that organizes street fairs, it might help you get started with this. There can be other snags-- f'rinstance cooking food on site versus selling something pre-cooked (hot dogs and stuff), but it should get you in the ballpark after a few quick phone calls. The web site from which this is taken is here: http://www.mortandray.com/registration.htm

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]All vendors must have a current New York State Sales Tax Card, otherwise known as a Certificate of Authority. We will not take your application without this! You can get a tax card from the New York State Tax & Finance office at 55 Hanson Place in Brooklyn, 718-722-2030. You can call them for for additional locations. Bring photo ID and your social security card with you. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]We will send you a letter 1 to 2 weeks before each fair with your space number, location and set-up instructions. Take this letter to the Department of Consumer Affairs at 42 Broadway in order to get your Street Fair Vending License. PLEASE NOTE THAT YOU WILL NEED TO BRING PHOTO I.D. (SUCH AS A DRIVER'S LICENSE) AND YOUR SALES TAX CARD. The License costs $10 per month (payable by check or money order), and you may pay for up to seven months at one time. If you have separate booths someone at each booth must have his or her own License. If they don't, you will forfeit your booths and there will be no refunds given. If you have questions, you may reach Consumer Affairs by calling 311. * IF YOUR CONSUMER AFFAIRS PERMIT HAS EXPIRED AT THE TIME OF THE FESTIVAL, YOU WILL FORFEIT YOUR BOOTH.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]If you are a food vendor, you must complete the Food Handlers Course given by the NYC Department of Health, also located at 42 Broadway. You may call them at 311 for details. One week before each festival you must obtain a Temporary Food Establishment Permit. All food vendors, INCLUDING RESTAURANTS, must have this permit. FOOD MEANS ANY CONSUMABLE ITEM, INCLUDING PRE-PACKAGED COOKIES, NUTS, CANDY, SNACK FOODS, SODA, BOTTLED WATER, ETC. If you have multiple food booths, there must be a separate permit for each booth.[/FONT]

Back