• Fire Roasted Green Chile Cheeseburger in a Basket With Hot Salted Crispy Fries

Moose

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Richard
This thread HERE got me thinking we haven't had a green chile cheeseburger in a while, and the Missus has been after me to make them, so resistance was futile. The trap had been set and I was in it.

For more details on our "recipe" and method, you can read more HERE.

Started out with two anaheims and one poblano:

zMlvSSU.jpg

Fire roasted using the weedburner:

6.5.2015%20Chile%20Roasting_zpsm5vy1qh7.gif

Nice and blackened:

Peeled:

Into the bag for a nice "sweat"

Fired up the Blackstone and started on the onions:

Added chiles, here's the onions and chiles cooking down to caramelized goodness:

Chiles and onions finished:

80/20 ground beef patties seasoned up:

Burgers cooking while potato buns were getting warm:

Burger patties cooked, plus buns got a nice slather of mayo so they would crisp up on the inner surface:

Time to start building the burger - mine had two slices of Muenster cheese:

The Missus cooked up some shoestring fries, dusted with Naturiffic Hot Salt, and here it is all in a basket:

Delicious, as always!

I love these burgers because they are SO simple, and the green chile really stands out as there's no lettuce, tomato, pickles, or any other distracting toppings. Just hot griddled beef patties with a nice crust, green chiles and onions, muenster cheese, and a soft potato bun.

The Naturiffic Hot Salt added a really nice touch to the fries - highly recommended!

Great looking burger. Still need to try the green chili burger and this has me really itching

Thats a great looking feed, with beers:thumb:

Everything about that basket is calling my name. Excellent on all accounts!

Top shelf, Moose!

Just got my Hot Salt from John a week or two ago - I keep meaning to make some fries to try it out.

Top shelf, Moose!

Just got my Hot Salt from John a week or two ago - I keep meaning to make some fries to try it out.

LOVE the Hot Salt! And perfect on crispy, crunchy things. We plan to try it on hot buttered popcorn next. :thumb:

:popcorn:

Back