MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 04-27-2015, 02:38 PM   #841
THoey1963
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : Terry

A little over a month out until my vertical should be ready. Scheduled to get it on or about 6/8. Hoping that gets moved up a week, as we are having a benefit on 6/7, and burning 5+ briskets and a buttload of sausage or chicken sounds like a great way to break her in.

Lone Star Grillz Insulated Cabinet Smoker / Weber Summit Charcoal Grilling (WSCG) Station / CyberQ / Slow N Sear with Drip N Griddle

WSCG Review [URL="http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=245542"][COLOR=Blue][B]HERE[/B][/COLOR][/URL]. WSM Mods [URL="http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=201917"][COLOR=Blue][B]HERE[/B][/COLOR][/URL]. My Brisket Guide [URL="http://bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=238834"][COLOR=Blue][B]HERE[/B][/COLOR][/URL].
THoey1963 is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->

Old 04-27-2015, 02:54 PM   #842
JoSal73
Full Fledged Farker

That sounds exciting, Terry!!!

Mmmm...5 briskets. I have a couple of charity cooks coming up where I finally get to load Natalia up with about 10 pork butts. I think I should be able to do that on 2 racks if I pack them tight enough. Going to test each rack's limits!

Thanks from:--->
Old 04-27-2015, 03:46 PM   #843
darkoozy
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by KajunSmoke View Post
Attachment 110356 Can anyone say Beef Jerky
Do share your cook? How, what, where to make brisket jerky. Looks good!
darkoozy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-29-2015, 02:11 PM   #844
Shooter66
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

Great News!!! My wife and I picked-up our LSG "Mini" yesterday and we could not be happier!!! I ordered mine with all the bells and whistles (except custom paint) I know I am not the first to share this opinion, but want to say that it was awesome doing business with LSG. I do a lot of business via email and as you can imagine, some folks are pretty slow to respond. I never had this experience with LSG. Next, the finished product far exceeds my expectations, whcih were pretty high to begin with. Let me tell you this, the "Mini" is not all that "Mini"..... you have to see this unit in person to apprecaite that it is a great size cooker. Well, I am ranting like a little kid on Christmas morning! Just wanted y'all to know that I am happy to join the club!!!
Shooter66 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-29-2015, 03:56 PM   #845
darkoozy
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooter66 View Post
Great News!!! My wife and I picked-up our LSG "Mini" yesterday and we could not be happier!!! I ordered mine with all the bells and whistles (except custom paint) I know I am not the first to share this opinion, but want to say that it was awesome doing business with LSG. I do a lot of business via email and as you can imagine, some folks are pretty slow to respond. I never had this experience with LSG. Next, the finished product far exceeds my expectations, whcih were pretty high to begin with. Let me tell you this, the "Mini" is not all that "Mini"..... you have to see this unit in person to apprecaite that it is a great size cooker. Well, I am ranting like a little kid on Christmas morning! Just wanted y'all to know that I am happy to join the club!!!
Congrats! All that's left is to get her dirty and share your cooks!

Old 05-10-2015, 01:43 AM   #846
bk6806
Wandering around with a bag of matchlight, looking for a match.

My new LSG Mini arrived on Thursday. Took about 9 weeks to get it just as they said it would. Once I got it off the pallet, the quality and craftsmanship of the unit kind of blew me away. It looked great in the photos/videos on their website, but you need to see it in person to really appreciate it.

Working with LSG was great. I mainly dealt with Amber throughout the purchasing process. She was awesome. She gave me updates when they started to build the unit, when it would be shipped, etc… I wish I had this same experience with all of the businesses I deal with.

I seasoned it today for about 7 hours at around 250-270. I was a little alarmed because the temp really started to take off at one point. I finally had to almost shut the stack and the 2” valve. Once I did that, this thing did not budge. Which also kind of alarmed me because no matter what I did, I could not get it below 250. I also use Royal Oak Lump so that might have contributed to the higher temps as well.

I finally read the directions that are included. It says very clearly you’ll need to use water in the pan for cooks below 250. I also found this thread and it started to make a lot more sense what was going on. So thanks to everyone who contributed to it. Very helpful.

Based on everything so far, I would highly recommend purchasing an LSG insulated vertical.
bk6806 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-15-2015, 03:41 PM   #847
Rockin Ribs
Found some matches.

WOOOOOO just got told my MINI should be able to be picked up Monday.... And my two large Insulated should be ready by the first week of June..., now I need to get out and buy a GO-PRO so I can get my cooks on film. And as said on every page The service you get from LSG is insane and almost not heard of. you call they answer and helpful and nice hell it doesn't get any better. i have a stick burner at this time, and will need a lil time to get these things going for my comps....but i have and idea...maybe we can all decide on a mutual place to meet with our smokers and hey have our selves a meet and greet cook. bring friends family who ever maybe we all cook for Chris and his family i don't care i just like meeting new people. every ones thoughts are welcome just an idea.
Rockin Ribs is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-16-2015, 10:02 PM   #848
esacjack
Found some matches.

Im in the process of planning out my purchase/setup of the mini as well. How is it holding temp for everyone? Do I really need a guru to keep it steady? or will it lock in? Currently I'm using a BUD. It locks in and holds a predictable temp for over 10-12 hours..
esacjack is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-16-2015, 10:54 PM   #849
GrillsGoneWild
is one Smokin' Farker

The guru just helps it get up to temp faster and shorter recovery time when you open the doors, but not a necessity for it to run at a certain temp.

Old 05-16-2015, 11:09 PM   #850
THoey1963

<sigh> Sent an email just to see how the queue was going for my vertical offset. Looks like it will be about two weeks longer then estimated. Not complaining, I am just anxious to get her. Seems like time has slowed to a crawl. Sure I am going to love her when she is finally available.

Lone Star Grillz Insulated Cabinet Smoker / Weber Summit Charcoal Grilling (WSCG) Station / CyberQ / Slow N Sear with Drip N Griddle

WSCG Review [URL="http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=245542"][COLOR=Blue][B]HERE[/B][/COLOR][/URL]. WSM Mods [URL="http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=201917"][COLOR=Blue][B]HERE[/B][/COLOR][/URL]. My Brisket Guide [URL="http://bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=238834"][COLOR=Blue][B]HERE[/B][/COLOR][/URL].

Old 05-17-2015, 01:32 PM   #851
esacjack
Found some matches.

so how did you guys wrestle these monsters into your back yard? I'm going to be bringing the smoker back on a trailer with a friend. My last pit I rolled through the yard over plywood, but this pit is remarkably heavier.. I was also thinking of using 4 24x24x1" garden tiles for it to sit on. I'd keep it in the garage, but theres a jeep project going on in there at the moment, and a 1.5" inch lip and incline to get over...

Old 05-17-2015, 01:40 PM   #852
THoey1963

I haven't got mine yet, but plan on doing the two plywood sheet shuffle to get it through the gate, around one side, around the deck in the back and over to the other side where she is going to sit. Mine will be roughly 1700#. I am hoping to find 4 trained gorilla's to do the moving. Either that or a bunch of friends with the promise of future Q...

I told Chris that for the time being, I plan to put it on garden tiles until I am sure where I want it and then lay a slab. A buddy thought about getting some scrap steel to spread the weight across the tile, but Chris said I shouldn't need it.

Old 05-17-2015, 10:59 PM   #853
esacjack
Found some matches.

nice..thats exactly what im thinking of doing.. I also though about modifying a storage shed to work as a 'smoker storage' room..

Old 05-18-2015, 10:16 AM   #854
darkoozy
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by esacjack View Post
so how did you guys wrestle these monsters into your back yard? I'm going to be bringing the smoker back on a trailer with a friend. My last pit I rolled through the yard over plywood, but this pit is remarkably heavier.. I was also thinking of using 4 24x24x1" garden tiles for it to sit on. I'd keep it in the garage, but theres a jeep project going on in there at the moment, and a 1.5" inch lip and incline to get over...
I used the plywood they used to build the shipping crate. The plywood held up, but just barely enough to roll the smoker to the backyard and onto the concrete patio. And, yes, there were 3 of us moving the sucker...You will need help for sure :)

Old 05-18-2015, 12:54 PM   #855
Rockin Ribs
Found some matches.

my 2 large insulated verticals are being built as we speak... and I just got the call from Amber to come pick up my MINI .... sooo with everything I got going on this week at work I think I will just take wed - fri off just to spend time with my new born...lol plus im having a party this Sat to celebrate our Memorial day off. I will start pricing my Go - Pro now and get some pics up of my first cook. with all advice on here and with the wait time I have a good idea on where to start plus with no fear of just being lost with no help .... I see on here where there are people that question there self on getting a pit maker or LSG. well on face book you will see someone has made a LSG fan page the these pits are winners. I am leaving my big stick burner which I have won several trophies off of. I am now in search of RGC OR GC and I feel I will get it with these pits. The best part of this whole thing is no one on here can say that Chris an Amber are not the best when it comes to customer service. They do way more then anyone I have had to deal with. Back with some pics soon yall.
Hang tight while I find me some matches....lmao
Rockin Ribs is offline   Reply With Quote