Todd from up North

Status
Not open for further replies.

midnight

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Hey all! I live in a small town in South Dakota ( land of NO bbq.) I have been smoke cooking for about 13 years now. Started on a WSM that I still use today. In addition to my WSM I also have a Cook shack electric, a home made horizontal offset, brinkman water smoker, little chief cold smoker, and of course my Bandera.
I never even heard of a Bandera until one day as I was walking into Wal-mart and they had a bunch of grills set outside that were on close out. Mixed in with them was one Bandera, They never had one in the store before so I don't know where it came from, or how much the regular price was on it. I bought it for $140.00 and Its my favorite smoker now.

I am working on getting a trailer mounted smoker so I can start my own cattering business. When I am not bbqing I spend my time hunting, fishing, and camping.

I hope to start competing in BBQ competitions next spring, I judged at the Minnesota state BBQ cook off last May.

hey Todd.. Welcome Welcome....

We may be called the Bandera Brethren... but we've definately expanded beyond jsut the bandera in the past year.. We got a few WSM's too.... personally, i just got mine a month or 2 ago and still gettin used to it.

Hope you enjoy the site....... Welcome again!!

Welcome Todd,
What part of SD are you from? I used to hunt all the time in a town called Howard when I was stationed in Omaha.
StL Mike

I live in Leola SD (pop:438) it is in the North east part of the state . About 45 miles from the town of Aberdeen (pop:24,000) the 3rd largest town in SD and the best area for hunting (IMHO).

At the moment I work for a Floor covering store but by next summer I hope to be cattering almost full time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back