• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Troy Pig Out (Troy, NY) 7/19/08 - KCBS

MilitantSquatter

Reaction score
FYI...

I don't know anything about it but I noticed on the KCBS calendar a new contest in Troy, NY right near Albany.

07/19/08Troy Pig Out Troy, NY Contact: Jim Rhoads, 2031 Piney Point Road, Troy, NY 12180.
Phone: 518-322-1772. Fax: 518-273-4192. chefjrhoads3@nycap.rr.com
KCBS Reps: Results not in.

Got word form Jim that the contest applications will be available in 2 weeks.

That's like right on my way to Harpoon... hmmmmmm

BTW This contest will be a State Championship, they are waiting for the proclamation

Yes it will be a NEBS sanctioned contest, As the NY contest rep for NEBS I am meeting with the organizers over the weekend to give them the application for membership. dont know all the details but it sounds like it will be good, The City of Troy is behind it 100% and thats the hardest part. Stay Tuned

Is it also NEBS Sanctioned???

you guys are killing me...can't we get things finalized a little earlier before I have major stress over what contests to sign up for?

Yes it will be a NEBS sanctioned contest, As the NY contest rep for NEBS I am meeting with the organizers over the weekend to give them the application for membership. dont know all the details but it sounds like it will be good, The City of Troy is behind it 100% and thats the hardest part. Stay Tuned

you guys are killing me...can't we get things finalized a little earlier before I have major stress over what contests to sign up for?

It's pretty hard to finalize something when you don't even know about. But thanks for asking.

It's pretty hard to finalize something when you don't even know about.

seriously.............I have to have solid dates by at least the last week in January at the latest, hell 2 of our team members are required to have vacation requests in by November.

am I the only one thats anal enough to try and plan out 6-8 months ahead?

seriously.............I have to have solid dates by at least the last week in January at the latest, hell 2 of our team members are required to have vacation requests in by November.

am I the only one thats anal enough to try and plan out 6-8 months ahead?

The Problem is we can't put info out until things are finalized. Not to knock Grillin on the Bay but you see what can happen if things fall through. We try to get things on our schedule as early as we can.

Sweet thats in my backyard can't believe the Troylet[thats what we call it] would have something like this.

Might be a good opportunity to spend the week in New England. Troy, then Harpoon. With a week on the Plum Island in between. Sounds like a great way to spend a week and two weekends!

Any web site for this event? Or any other info?

Thanks

Not to be a smartass....but did they get a proclamation from the Gov. yet?

Eric (or anyone else) - Any more news available ?

I believe you said this was going to be in the downtown area of Albany on the main strip that was being closed down or something like that.

Any info on water supply, electric, site size etc ?

i am going to a meeting this afternoon with the organizers and will have more infor over the weekend. The contest in Actually in Troy NY which is 3 miles north of Albany, it is on The Hudson River so all of you that will miss swimming at Harpoon can swim here instead ! LOL :p

Eric (or anyone else) - Any more news available ?

I believe you said this was going to be in the downtown area of Albany on the main strip that was being closed down or something like that.

Any info on water supply, electric, site size etc ?

Back