MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 02-02-2010, 10:42 AM   #121
D0ughB0y
Take a breath!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoke it if ya got it View Post
Some of the shots are blurry at best that's the reason most havent been posted!
Is that what you've been doing while waiting for Conan to give your show back?

Old 02-02-2010, 10:53 AM   #122
River City Smokehouse
is One Chatty Farker

I can see where the mods are coming from. Those who are new and don't understand the BS'ers we have here may be a bit confused and perceive it wrong. I am a guilty party of posting the "NPDH" a lot and only out of pure onryness. I don't think any of the people who are doing it are doing it to be mean or hateful. I sometimes forget we have new members here and they don't even have a clue how to navigate this site, only to feel they are being attacked because they didn't post a pic when they asked a question.
Traeger Texas BBQ 075
UDS "Cool Hand Luke"
3 Weber Kettles and a Yellow Thermapen
KCBS Certified BBQ Judge #8425
River City Smokehouse is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-02-2010, 10:56 AM   #123
BBQ_MAFIA
somebody shut me the fark up.

I always look forward to seeing the pics from everyones cooks. I would never want anyone to feel pressure on this, especially if it kept a brother from posting.

As for me, I don't even have a camera. If it weren't for Mrs Mafia I wouldn't have any pics, never mind trying to post them.

Lang 60
Lang 84 Deluxe Warmer with Chargrill
Large Spicewine
Large BGE
XL - BGE
Med. BGE ( Bought it for my son Vincenzo)
Brinkman Snp
Brinkman ECB
GOSM
Weber Kettle
Kenmore Elite Gasser
Camp Chef Outdoor Stove
Blackstone Pizza Oven
Blackstone 36" Griddle
1-Banjo
BBQ_MAFIA is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-02-2010, 11:05 AM   #124
Westexbbq

Lightbulb For Sale: Camera (slightly used) best offer......

Very wise words and much-needed clarification;
Now, what am I gonna do with this?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0247.jpg (40.3 KB, 181 views)
Texas International Pop Festival, Labor Day 1969.
IMBAS Certified.
Just roll me up and smoke me when I die.
Always remember, no matter where ya go,
there you are.
I wanna tell you 'bout Texas radio and the big beat.
Someday, I hope to visit Penelope.
Hondo Crouch, Famous Late Mayor of Lunkenbach, Texas who advocated a 'dillo diet: "You can eat nothing but armadillos for a month, but you will have to run down and catch all the armadillos you eat and it can really take the weight off!"

Last edited by Westexbbq; 06-05-2011 at 09:21 PM..
Westexbbq is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-02-2010, 11:18 AM   #125
deguerre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westexbbq View Post
Very wise words and much-needed clarification;
Now, what am I gonna do with this?
Man, I miss my cheap old 120.
And I STILL think your green chilli looked as good as it tasted!
[/B][/FONT]"...In nature, there are predators. I believe the common denominator of the universe is not harmony, but chaos, hostility and murder..." Werner Herzog
deguerre is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-02-2010, 12:17 PM   #126
Lake Dogs
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Hance

Here Here! Toast! Thanks Poobah.

Afraid I'm one of those mutants who rarely has a camera close by, and I HATE cell
phones, so usually it and the damn camera thingy on it are usually banished to the
glove box. To be called, or worse, inferred a liar because I'm not a document every
flipping instant of my life twitter-kid... No thanks.

However, the other side is fun, when you really fark something up, ala grande...
No pics; didnt happen! Woooo Hoooooooooo...

Actually, not. I prefer that if/when I fark something up beyond all recognition,
I prefer to draw some lesson from it, if possible. That, or just another reason
to enjoy the scotch at hand.

Kudos.
Was Lang 84DX, now Bubba Grills 250R and many Weber grills
Lake Dogs is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-02-2010, 12:18 PM   #127
jswordy
is one Smokin' Farker

I wish life was "no pix, didn't happen." Man, that would get me out of a lot of trouble!

Old 02-02-2010, 12:24 PM   #128
pahutchens
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by deguerre View Post
Man, I miss my cheap old 120.
I just fire sale-ed my old medium format (120) equipment.
penny's on the dollar, felt like crying (nostalga mod)
Still can do more in a darkroom than with photoshop
#5 Kamado refurbished 'the Copper top'
[COLOR="navy"]Blue 'like my Smoke' Thermapen[/COLOR]
IMBAS certified MOINK! baller, KCBS MCBJ & CTC
pahutchens is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-02-2010, 12:46 PM   #129
ScreamingChicken
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by {Midnight ☼ Smoke} View Post
Here is a scenario, when I 1st joined and still did not understand the quality and knowledge of the people here. I posted some Pic's, not so great Pic's. Never had anybody cut me down for it. Besides learning to be a better cook my photography skills have increased.
There are plenty of other forums where people grumble if photos aren't full-size and spot-on for color and clarity. Oh, and don't ask them to click a thumbnail, either.

Also, if you keep a running log to match your photos you can learn how alcohol impairs motor skills...

Brad
ScreamingChicken is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-02-2010, 12:51 PM   #130
deguerre

Quote:
Originally Posted by pahutchens View Post
Ain't that the truth! I actually GAVE my Mamiya TLR away.
[/B][/FONT]"...In nature, there are predators. I believe the common denominator of the universe is not harmony, but chaos, hostility and murder..." Werner Herzog
deguerre is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-02-2010, 01:14 PM   #131
ScreamingChicken
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by pahutchens View Post
Why???

Please don't say it was Rollei TLR or Pentax 645/67 stuff or then I'll too...

And FWIW, anybody who has a 35mm film camera shouldn't feel deterred from posting. For about $3 or so (at least around here) Walgreens will make you a CD of .JPG files when you get your film developed.

Brad
ScreamingChicken is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-02-2010, 01:14 PM   #132
BBQchef33
Grand Poobah and Site Admin

Name/Nickname : Phil

Admin note:

one more time.

it seems some folks have chosen to take this thread to an extreme opposite of what I intended and scatter snide comments in other threads in qtalk and comp. If anyone needs it spelled out again, I did NOT say not to post pics, I simply said its OK if you don't.

Our member base grows every day, and this thread as well as numerous PMs to me on this subject has proven that the we were right in our thought process in that folks were either intimidated or are just NOT posting because they don't have photos. That is NOT how we operate. No one should feel uncomfortable here, especially when it comes to sharing information. In the case of our photos in posts, we want both.. posts with photos AND photoless posts. That is NOT unreasonable.
For those that normally post pics, great, and thank you, but for those that were sitting on the side lines not posting to avoid being jabbed with a fork for being photoless, pleasenow feel free to post your experiences, sans photos.

Im not amused by the sarcasm and jabs being thrown around qtalk regarding this thread. It is not often that I post something as the founder of this forum to adjust our direction or reinforce our culture, and when I do I expect it to be understood and not ridiculed. If you do not like whats is posted here, there are plenty of other forums for you to visit.

If any one person continues to push that envelope, they will find themselves under full moderation until they get the point, where any and all of their posts will need to be reviewed and released by a moderator before it goes public. If it continues, you will be locked out permanently. I hate to be a prick about this, but i don't like anyone poking me in the eye.

On edit.. folks, this is NOT referencing any of the normal OT banter in this thread.

CBJ with a Fuzzy Blue Hat, 18 Foot Competition Trailer, Customized Klose BYC, Custom Built Shirley built to feed our Veterans(A.K.A "Abrams"), 1 Double Barreled Lang 84, 1 Heavily Modified Bionic Bandera, 1 Custom Super Medium Stickburning Spicewine w/stoker, 2 XL BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 2 Pit Barrel Cookers, 3 WSMs, 3 Weber Kettles, an NB Hondo, A Modified Brinkman Horizontal, DCS 48" Grill, a Broilmaster P3, a Blackstone 36 and 17, a covered, pellet pooping FEC100, and our duck died. :(

News Flash:
"A mans worth is judged by the weight of his integrity "

You know your getting older when you choose your cereal for the fiber, not the toy

Smoke on KC.
WWW.BBQ-BRETHREN.COM
BBQchef33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-02-2010, 01:30 PM   #133
Neil

Quote:
Originally Posted by jswordy View Post
I wish life was "no pix, didn't happen." Man, that would get me out of a lot of trouble!
Now I have to clean of the keyboard and monitor, LMFAO! Now that is a classic Brethren Bash quoute right there.

BTW. Pooh, you and mods are spot on about this issue.

Mange Bene Viva Bene!

Old Country Over/Under, Weber: 18.5" WSM, 22.5" WSM, Weber Performer(Col. Steve Austin Mod), Two 22.5" Kettles, & a Smokey Joe; Old Country 36" griddle, Luhr-Jensen Big Chief, Turkey Fryer, Rocky Mountain Camp Stove and a UDS.
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-02-2010, 01:34 PM   #134
flynaked720
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

Thanks

Old 02-02-2010, 01:49 PM   #135
Lake Dogs

Name/Nickname : Hance

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQchef33 View Post
Admin note:

one more time.

it seems some folks have chosen to take this thread to an extreme opposite of what I intended and scatter snide comments in other threads in qtalk and comp. If anyone needs it spelled out again, I did NOT say not to post pics, I simply said its OK if you don't.

Our member base grows every day, and this thread as well as numerous PMs to me on this subject has proven that the we were right in our thought process in that folks were either intimidated or are just NOT posting because they don't have photos. That is NOT how we operate. No one should feel uncomfortable here, especially when it comes to sharing information. In the case of our photos in posts, we want both.. posts with photos AND photoless posts. That is NOT unreasonable.
For those that normally post pics, great, and thank you, but for those that were sitting on the side lines not posting to avoid being jabbed with a fork for being photoless, pleasenow feel free to post your experiences, sans photos.

Im not amused by the sarcasm and jabs being thrown around qtalk regarding this thread. It is not often that I post something as the founder of this forum to adjust our direction or reinforce our culture, and when I do I expect it to be understood and not ridiculed. If you do not like whats is posted here, there are plenty of other forums for you to visit.

If any one person continues to push that envelope, they will find themselves under full moderation until they get the point, where any and all of their posts will need to be reviewed and released by a moderator before it goes public. If it continues, you will be locked out permanently. I hate to be a prick about this, but i don't like anyone poking me in the eye.

On edit.. folks, this is NOT referencing any of the normal OT banter in this thread.
Here Here! Seems folks read about a sentence or two, comprehend
very little of what was written, and go off half cocked. Then again,
it is the internet....

Go man go!!
Was Lang 84DX, now Bubba Grills 250R and many Weber grills
Lake Dogs is offline   Reply With Quote