MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 02-01-2010, 06:23 PM   #61
bbqbull
Watching over us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick's Tropical Delight View Post

i intentionally didn't take photos and did not post text or photos of some cooks because of the rant on here and in a personal blog saying posting photos for responses was lame and the responses were lame as well. i thought that was the whole purpose of qtalk. maybe i just don't understand.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1_T_Scot View Post
I also have cut way back on posting about cooks. Take the time to take the pics then upload and do a write up. You get a bunch of views and no one says anything.
But forget to post the pictures and everyone jumps in/on.

Other forums (Non Food related) have a thank you button so if someone doesn't have anythign to say they can just leave a thanks.
See what happens when one veteran makes a comment?

Please post your pictures if you can.
bbqbull is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-01-2010, 06:25 PM   #62
BRBBQ
Babbling Farker

I remember when I was new. I got the "No pic didn't happen", heck got one last month I believe. Any way I don't post pics all the time because I have'nt found the book for dummies called, "How to post PICS"! I'm a dummy when it comes to computer things, and since I don't post pic's all the time, I forgot how I done it last time, So it becomes a pain in my BUTT!
BRBBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-01-2010, 06:25 PM   #63
palmcoastbob
On the road to being a farker

Name/Nickname : Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by landarc View Post
Even though I post pics, and do my best to make them look good, I really do try to make complete posts that work without the pics. If I boil up some ribs just for the heck of it, I can't see a reason to post, if I see a reason to post, then I want to include information as well. I will point out, from what I have seen, I am one of the few that has posted pics of cooks that did not work out also.
Do you boil your ribs in plain tap water or do you use bottled?

Old 02-01-2010, 06:28 PM   #64
swamprb
somebody shut me the fark up.

I've been kicking the same idea around, but it isn't over food pics, but pit rehabs.

I'm in the middle of repairing ANOTHER vintage Japanese "Hibachi Pot" Kamado and was thinking whether or not to take pics of the progress? Do I need to add it to my earlier Kamado Restoration thread or start another? Does anyone give a chit? Same with my Bandera, I got it up and running- Grant (seattlepitboss) welded up some grates for me and used it for a Mega cook, and I haven't had a cook big enough to warrant firing her up!

What frustrates me is when someone posts about a problem they might be having with their pit or a build and don't say what type or brand cooker it is they are using?

Pics would be helpful!
KCBS CBJ/PNWBA CBJ www.pnwba.com
swamprb is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-01-2010, 06:32 PM   #65
landarc

I am in CA, bottled water for boiling...like duh!

I am with Brian on this, where images really matter is when people are asking for help, but, provide no information about what, how and where. Or a great job on something and there is no detail on what you are looking at or how it was done.

Yelonutz: me either, but, then again, I don't drink any less
[/SIZE][/COLOR][/COLOR][SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed]
[COLOR=Pink]SSS[/COLOR]
[/COLOR][/SIZE]
landarc is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-01-2010, 06:34 PM   #66
Midnight Smoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by CajunSmoker View Post
edit - sorry Terry, I wasn't talking about your butt;_)
I know exactly what you mean. Look at those 2 Pictures, one is clearer but they look generally the same. Seen one Butt you seen them all, at least in BBQ

*** Terry ~ aka Pork Smoker ***

** XL-BGE Hatched 06/20/2008 09:42 pm **
* Couple Weber Kettles, CharGriller, UDS *
* Ultra Fast Red Thermapen *
Projects
Kamado Restoration
Bandera Restoration

Midnight Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-01-2010, 06:34 PM   #67
MilitantSquatter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQchef33 View Post
i dont think your post was taken offensively at all, and I also did not see it yet. :) So please dont think this came about from your posting.

The moderating team has been discussing this privatly for a few days. It was THEY who looked at it from several different perspectives and brought it out. When i read some of their comments, i realized it wasn't just me and now we say something. I'd like to publicly throw some kudos at them for being proactive and not let this just fester silently.
Don't sweat it Phil !!!!

Our moderator union is putting the finishing touches on our collecting bargaining terms for our new contract.

Seriously - Pics or vids are always nice.. but we just want this forum to remain a place where everyone feels that can participate, regardless of experience, equipment or technology capabilities (that includes my crappy pics !!) without feeling they will be called out.
XL BGE (#2) & Performer Platinum

Former owner: Jambo Backyard, Klose BYC, Lonestar Vertical offset w/ Insulated Firebox, Medium Spicewine, Pitts & Spitts, XL BGE (#1) & (2) Medium BGE's, 22" WSM & (2) 18" WSM's, 18" & 22" Weber Kettles
MilitantSquatter is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-01-2010, 06:40 PM   #68
Rick's Tropical Delight
** Permanent Timeout **

i posted "no pix, didn't happen" on some face book walls. they defriended me.
Rick's Tropical Delight is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-01-2010, 06:55 PM   #69
NorthwestBBQ

Nice.

Last edited by NorthwestBBQ; 02-01-2010 at 11:02 PM..
NorthwestBBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-01-2010, 07:05 PM   #70
igolf2
is one Smokin' Farker

Thank you! Sometimes I won't share a cook or recipe due to not having (for whatever reason) pictures.

Post em if ya got em but don't be afraid to post if ya don't.
Turkey Fryer / Clam Steamer
UDS
Moink Certified!
igolf2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-01-2010, 07:17 PM   #71
Cracklin Jeorge
Full Fledged Farker

I am so glad I continued to read this thread, I was getting really confused for a while because for the first 2 or 3 pages there were no Pics and I wasn't sure this thread was really happening. Then I saw those HAMS and thankfully a short time later I saw that Pulled Pork which was a welcome relief.

Seriously, I'm new here and can honestly say this is the most happening BBQ blog on the net — pics or not. I had the privilege of meeting a few of you when Rick hosted a Mid Ohio Brethren Bash a while back and it was clear this goes well beyond bloggers with common interest. This is a family and I feel fortunate to have been welcomed in.

Thanks to everyone who makes this site happen!

Old 02-01-2010, 07:31 PM   #72
ricksegers
Full Fledged Farker

Thank you oh great and powerful POOHBAH!!!!

Old 02-01-2010, 07:31 PM   #73
Bbq Bubba

You know what they say....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pichers1.jpg (77.9 KB, 194 views)
#detroitporkmafia
BBQ Person of the Year 2013
Bbq Bubba is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-01-2010, 07:32 PM   #74
NorthwestBBQ

Best thread ever.

Last edited by NorthwestBBQ; 02-01-2010 at 11:03 PM..
NorthwestBBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-01-2010, 07:38 PM   #75
swibirun
is one Smokin' Farker

I think people have contributed some great information and thoughts about this subject here; however, I have to say that there is one very appropriate use of "no pics/didn't happen" that we should all continue to use and will not hurt someone's feelings.....

When one of us totally messes up (drops a fully cooked butt in front of hungry dogs, etc) and posts about it then someone cheerfully adds, "no pics/didn't happen"
swibirun is offline   Reply With Quote