MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 02-01-2010, 03:51 PM   #16
Jet2
Full Fledged Farker

And that is why you are the great and wise Grand Poobah!

My biggest problem is that before I can get the camera the food is eaten - now tell me that didn't happen!

I did 85 quesdilla's this weekend for a church event and was so busy pushing out the food that I couldn't stop for pics - but everybody was full and smiling so I know that happened.

Thanks for the reminder that this isn't all about the pron (but pron is good!)

22.5 WSM
Weber Smoky Joe
Hathorn Pit
Strabulestone gasser
UDS in progress
Orion Cooker (It looked great in the pictures!)
Gator Pit Bandit (When I need to use it)
Jet2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-01-2010, 03:54 PM   #17
peaspurple
is one Smokin' Farker

Well put and I agree!!

Old 02-01-2010, 03:57 PM   #18
BBQchef33
Grand Poobah and Site Admin

Name/Nickname : Phil

Yes, pictures speak louder than words, but without pictures, sometimes there is silence and thats not good.

However, i will admit, sometimes its the pictures that get my ass out there to cook so we WANT THOSE PHOTOS! They also get us primed for lunch, drool at work, and without them, there would be no throwdown. Pics are great.. but so are the techniques, the ideas, and just sharing the experience, sans photo.

Heres another one.. I have a camera phone filled with pics i have never posted. Why? Lazy, no cable, bluetooth failed, got sidetracked.. and because of that, I never posted the experience. FAIL!

This is to do nothing but to make everyone aware of the perspectives, both sides. For those not to be afraid to post without photos, and for those to keep the photos coming when u have them!

I am glad theres alot of agreement here.. I should have said something sooner..

CBJ with a Fuzzy Blue Hat, 18 Foot Competition Trailer, Customized Klose BYC, Custom Built Shirley built to feed our Veterans(A.K.A "Abrams"), 1 Double Barreled Lang 84, 1 Heavily Modified Bionic Bandera, 1 Custom Super Medium Stickburning Spicewine w/stoker, 2 XL BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 2 Pit Barrel Cookers, 3 WSMs, 3 Weber Kettles, an NB Hondo, A Modified Brinkman Horizontal, DCS 48" Grill, a Broilmaster P3, a Blackstone 36 and 17, a covered, pellet pooping FEC100, and our duck died. :(

News Flash:
"A mans worth is judged by the weight of his integrity "

You know your getting older when you choose your cereal for the fiber, not the toy

Smoke on KC.
WWW.BBQ-BRETHREN.COM
BBQchef33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-01-2010, 03:59 PM   #19
Smokey Al Gold
is Blowin Smoke!

You know I'm a big enough man to admit I did that today to Todd Ras and I apologize if it was taken offensively. I of course meant nothing negative it was all in fun and I hope my apology is accepted. I completely agree with Poobah and I do the same thing about not posting cooks if I forgot to take pics. I feel like no one wants to hear about it without seeing it as well. I will be a better brethren from now on.

Creator of:
"The Great Chicken Sammich Debacle of 2010"
Smokey Al Gold is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-01-2010, 04:02 PM   #20
JCHjr55
Knows what a fatty is.

Well said.

There is a great amount of extremely useful information here, photo or no photo.

Thank you for this great site.

John
JCHjr55 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-01-2010, 04:03 PM   #21
Phubar
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQchef33 View Post
Yes, pictures speak louder than words, but without pictures, sometimes there silence and thats not good.

This is to do nothing but to make everyone aware of the perspectives, both sides. For those not to be afraid to post without photos, and for those to keep the photos coming when u have them!

All fueled by [COLOR=lime]Ecobrasa[/COLOR] Coco Briquettes

*[URL="http://lowlandsmokers.blogspot.com/2011/06/lowland-smokers-workshop-hei-en-boeicop.html"]Lowland Smokers[/URL] Dutch BBQ Champion 2011 - 2012*
*[URL="http://lowlandsmokers.blogspot.com/2011/06/lowland-smokers-workshop-hei-en-boeicop.html"]Lowland Smokers[/URL] Dutch BBQ Champion 2013 Low 'n Slow
*WGA Ambassador
Phubar is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-01-2010, 04:09 PM   #22
deguerre

I agree, and I have made a few no pics comments in jest but I have also defended threads that had no pics too a few times. Still, I would never want to think someone would not wish to share because of no photos. A favorite recipe thay used even if the camera failed (Or whatever reason) but they wanted to let us in on would be enough too. Or any other information that we could find useful within our own experiences.
[/B][/FONT]"...In nature, there are predators. I believe the common denominator of the universe is not harmony, but chaos, hostility and murder..." Werner Herzog
deguerre is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-01-2010, 04:15 PM   #23
Tarpon65
On the road to being a farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigabyte View Post
Phil, I propose we make a similar thread about Thermapens. I have heard people try to claim that any other color besides Orange is acceptable. I just don't know how much more of this I can stand!
Fixed that for you.
Tarpon65 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-01-2010, 04:17 PM   #24
early mornin' smokin'
is One Chatty Farker

let it be known, phil has a couple different color thermopens

Old 02-01-2010, 04:22 PM   #25
Ranbo
Got Wood.

I was reluctant to post for a long time because of the no pic things.My main helper at cookoff's wont post on any forum because of it, which is a shame because he cooks beautifully.
This is an awesome forum.

Old 02-01-2010, 04:22 PM   #26
Boshizzle

You painted a very clear picture of your feelings on this subject. :-)

Pics are great, but don't hold back posting just because you don't have any.

Old 02-01-2010, 04:26 PM   #27
BBQchef33
Grand Poobah and Site Admin

Name/Nickname : Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Al Gold View Post
You know I'm a big enough man to admit I did that today to Todd Ras and I apologize if it was taken offensively. I of course meant nothing negative it was all in fun and I hope my apology is accepted. I completely agree with Poobah and I do the same thing about not posting cooks if I forgot to take pics. I feel like no one wants to hear about it without seeing it as well. I will be a better brethren from now on.

i dont think your post was taken offensively at all, and I also did not see it yet. :) So please dont think this came about from your posting.

The moderating team has been discussing this privatly for a few days. It was THEY who looked at it from several different perspectives and brought it out. When i read some of their comments, i realized it wasn't just me and now we say something. I'd like to publicly throw some kudos at them for being proactive and not let this just fester silently.

CBJ with a Fuzzy Blue Hat, 18 Foot Competition Trailer, Customized Klose BYC, Custom Built Shirley built to feed our Veterans(A.K.A "Abrams"), 1 Double Barreled Lang 84, 1 Heavily Modified Bionic Bandera, 1 Custom Super Medium Stickburning Spicewine w/stoker, 2 XL BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 2 Pit Barrel Cookers, 3 WSMs, 3 Weber Kettles, an NB Hondo, A Modified Brinkman Horizontal, DCS 48" Grill, a Broilmaster P3, a Blackstone 36 and 17, a covered, pellet pooping FEC100, and our duck died. :(

News Flash:
"A mans worth is judged by the weight of his integrity "

You know your getting older when you choose your cereal for the fiber, not the toy

Smoke on KC.
WWW.BBQ-BRETHREN.COM
BBQchef33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-01-2010, 04:26 PM   #28
chambersuac

Hey, I like the pictures for learning and for inspiration, but no one should feel like they shouldn't post because of them...well a few people should always post pictures- like Rick, Ross, and Jeanie :) But, only of pork - because only pork is BBQ :) <ducking mod>

IMBAS Certified MOINK Ball maker and IMBAS Sgt. At Arms.

And now, brethren, I commend you to God, and to the word of his grace, which is able to build you up, and to give you an inheritance among all them which are sanctified. [Acts 20:32 KJV]
chambersuac is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-01-2010, 04:27 PM   #29
chambersuac

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQchef33 View Post
I'd like to publicly throw some kudos at them for being proactive and not let this just fester silently.
I agree. Great mods on this forum.

IMBAS Certified MOINK Ball maker and IMBAS Sgt. At Arms.

And now, brethren, I commend you to God, and to the word of his grace, which is able to build you up, and to give you an inheritance among all them which are sanctified. [Acts 20:32 KJV]
chambersuac is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-01-2010, 04:28 PM   #30
likeadeere
is one Smokin' Farker

i agree.
likeadeere is offline   Reply With Quote