Smash Burgers on the Blackstone

JacksBBQ

Take a breath!
Reaction score
Alright everybody, I might have officially outdone myself today in regards to burgers. I've really got into baking breads here in the last year or so but I've struggled to find a bun recipe that I like for burgers. Today that changed. I finally found something that made some truly outstanding buns. I made some absolutely killer buns and they really topped off cooking smash burgers on the Blackstone. Youtube link for anybody that's interested. The bread itself is soft and spongy but I went ahead and made some aluminum rings to help shape the buns and that made a huge different in uniformity rising and baking. Patties for the smash burgers were 3.5oz of 85/15. I think I've decided I like that mix a little better for super thin burger patties as opposed to 80/20. 80/20 is still king when making thicker patties.

jwDHNsml.jpg

IvtDyDNl.jpg

GCjj8ZAl.jpg

Na1s9htl.jpg

k92aFbsl.jpg

Looks great! Thanks for posting the link as well! I'm looking ta better my baking game....or lack of, I meant.

-D

Great looking buns and the burgers are spot on!

I dont have a blackstone yet, but posts like this make it hard to continue to pass up.

Great job

Back