Costco Prime Packers 2.79 lb

I've never done brisket, do they do well after being frozen?

How are the points on primes folks are getting? I love the flat that comes off my Costco prime Packers but the points on the last few have had so much fat that they're borderline inedible.

How are the points on primes folks are getting? I love the flat that comes off my Costco prime Packers but the points on the last few have had so much fat that they're borderline inedible.

Make them into burnt ends. That will help the extra fat tender and may become your favorite part of the brisket!

$3.29/lb for me last time I was there a couple weeks ago, now I have an excuse to stop by and check again.

Do you trim much of the fat off the point and the hard fat in between the flat and the point? I've never had any problem getting the point to be rendered properly at the time the flat is probing tender cooking Costco prime briskets, but I also remove a bunch of the fat and maybe that's resulting in a shorter cook time for the point? About the only thing I could think of, as both muscles tend to cook pretty evenly for me.

<--- admitted heavy brisket trimmer

Do you trim much of the fat off the point and the hard fat in between the flat and the point? I've never had any problem getting the point to be rendered properly at the time the flat is probing tender cooking Costco prime briskets, but I also remove a bunch of the fat and maybe that's resulting in a shorter cook time for the point? About the only thing I could think of, as both muscles tend to cook pretty evenly for me.

<--- admitted heavy brisket trimmer

I do trim pretty aggressively as well. It's just been weird. I will admit this year is my first where I haven't gone straight to burnt ends every time so maybe it's just a prime thing and I just need to buy choice or prime depending on what I want to do with the point.

It was $2.99 /lb at my local Costco yesterday. They had plenty with good selection. I think the cheapest I paid last winter was $2.59 /lb.

I think I'll be swinging by Sam's to see if they are matching.

Back