Leg Quarters on the silverbac then Pot Pie!

blazinfire

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
hey guys! So.. I smoked a bag of chicken leg quarters yesterday.. u know the ones for 3-4 bucks? Well tonight The missus wanted me to try my hand at pot pie... All from scratch dough and all... I always cheat pie crusts and buy the pre made ones but its thanksgiving time and I couldn't find them at the store.

Let's start here... Here's the chicken on the silverbac.
YgLkPNEl.jpg

Now for the filling recipe I followed this guys recipe Added other seasonings to my liking. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3aaPyvlgjPs

This thing is gonna look weird.. The crust I had set out for the bottom kept breaking apart on me and I couldn't roll it out large enough.. after adding filling I realized the crust I used on the top should of been the bottom crust. It worked ALOT better.. To bad I didn't remember which one it was.. Because I know the first crust didn't feel "right".

N8Q0tKfl.jpg

Might of had a little too much filling.. But its ok.. This is easy/cheap enough I'm going to do it again if it is good.. Just first time making pie dough from scratch I had to learn something haha!

ZEejUl7l.jpg

She will be good, bet its going to taste fantastic
Just stick it under the grill if you forgot the eggwash for a minute or two, when its finished cooking

Dang that looks really good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Dang that looks really good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Oh yeah! We both went back for seconds... and our first go around was almost half of the pie hahaha!.. This will be added to my "what to do with left over bbq" list.. Imagine using left over brisket.. and making a mushroom style gravy for the filling..

Good recovery and BIG like :thumb:, heck... I'm ready to make some Smoked Steelhead Pasta ala thirdeye, but I'd gladly switch to a plate of your pot pie!

Good recovery and BIG like :thumb:, heck... I'm ready to make some Smoked Steelhead Pasta ala thirdeye, but I'd gladly switch to a plate of your pot pie!

I'm just going over the cost of this 10" cast iron pot pie.. I always have flour & butter.. so I rarely need to buy stuff for the crust.. I got 10 leg quarters out of 10 lb bag of quarters for $4... Always have milk on hand.. Potato's are $2 a bag, and $2 for the frozen corn, carrots and pea bags..

So I say just around under $15 I can make 2-3 of these 10" pot pies..

Oh yeah! We both went back for seconds... and our first go around was almost half of the pie hahaha!.. This will be added to my "what to do with left over bbq" list.. Imagine using left over brisket.. and making a mushroom style gravy for the filling..

You will not be sorry. Trust me. Been there done that.

Your pie looks amazing.

Back