Taco Tuesday

NoOne

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
So we had a hankering for some tacos and decided to go big!. Ended up going with boneless, skinless chicken thighs and did 1 skewer Al Pastor and 1 Chili Lime . They came out amazing!

Started with a fresh salsa with Jalapeño, Tomatoes, Onion and Garlic.

NB94pE6.jpg

bDeRVmZ.jpg

Then prepped the skewers, but the salsa was going quickly.

a7vadjl.jpg

On the grill with a very refreshing bourbon.

FNch2My.jpg

AtSoIDB.jpg

Off to rest and the sweet peppers and squash were perfect.

lYgO9Xi.jpg

Really damn juicy!

XCfnAl1.jpg

Sorry I don’t have a picture on the plate or in a tortilla, once it was sliced it was getting eaten and taking pictures didn’t matter. Some of the juiciest, most tender and flavorful chicken I have ever made.

Doing the Al Pastor with pork (as it is supposed to be) next!

Enjoy.

That chicken looks great. What do you marinate it in?

No worries about the finished pics. That looks so good you could have put it on cardboard and it would have been great.

No worries about the finished pics. That looks so good you could have put it on cardboard and it would have been great.

No worries about the plate picture... I imagined it and it was great!

Thanks - I guess I’m not too sorry, I did get to eat it and it was goooood. But I’ll do better to get the finished product next time.

This is great! You folks are crushing it with the magical spinning spits!

I dig the views from your BBQ area... would enjoy knowing the secret to your refreshing beverage and the marinade(s) you're using to season the meats and vegges... even just the ingredients/gist, if you're comfortable with it.

You must be driving your neighbours nuts with those smells
Your really in controll of that gas BBQ
I could almost spot where you are, we had a friend owned the old milk Dairy

That chicken looks great. What do you marinate it in?

This is great! You folks are crushing it with the magical spinning spits!

I dig the views from your BBQ area... would enjoy knowing the secret to your refreshing beverage and the marinade(s) you're using to season the meats and vegges... even just the ingredients/gist, if you're comfortable with it.

First things first. The beverage was a Woodford Reserve Double Oak Bourbon and 7.

iYBrcm9.jpg

dBbXXlo.jpg

This is the foundation of what we did, we kinda wing it with what we have at the time. This time we didn’t have Achiote Paste so we used the rest of the Adobo sauce from the can of Chipotles and it kinda worked.

I hope this helps.

You must be driving your neighbours nuts with those smells
Your really in controll of that gas BBQ
I could almost spot where you are, we had a friend owned the old milk Dairy

Thanks - I’m ready to get back to cooking over coals, but the gasser is getting us by and the skewers are making it fun.

We did break lockdown protocol quite a bit and they came over for dinner regularly. The joys of apartment living!

Back