• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Polling Priorities #3 - What Traits do we conquer Second?

What would be your second choice to Master

• Total voters
B

barbefunkoramaque

This is a continuation on the last poll. Mods please humor me I am collecting data.

This poll is for the SECOND choice. Do not place your FIRST priority, say if you answered Texture in the first one, here again.

I am only going to compare the top two to get an indication of what the top two mastery areas we officially endorse according to the poll.

Once again, if you can, tell us to EAT or to JUDGE?

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh wow I thought Moisture and Texture would be neck and neck but instead Taste is first or second vote to vote. WOW this is good input yall

Like I said in Poll #2...

I'd go...

taste
moisture
texture
appearance

I don't care about the texture as much as moisture. If the meat is too dry, it won't be good eatin'. Unless it's Jerky! LOL

Like I said in Poll #2...

I'd go...

taste
moisture
texture
appearance

I don't care about the texture as much as moisture.

I agree if we're talking about cooking for eats, not judges.

It has to taste good first, if it doesn't taste good then why would try to make it look good??!!

You know what they say about turds & polish...

I agree if we're talking about cooking for eats, not judges.

It has to taste good first, if it doesn't taste good then why would try to make it look good??!!

You know what they say about turds & polish...

Yep, I am talking about cookin' for eats, not judges. I don't compete. I cook for my family & friends, and shoot for results the way I like it!

A dry piece of meat that tastes bad will NOT get ate up !

John

I would say yes to this but my galveston buddy, there are a lot of people out there that slop all sorts of stuff on their briskets and such as turn ins in other states to help mask that.

Wouldn't work here would it. Glazes and sauces can in some contest DQ you.

I think a lot of this has to do with personal eating traits. For instance, I do not mind the taste of sushi or fish, but, I cannot get past the texture on most of the better tasting ones. On the ones that taste bad, the texture is unimportant.

Back