so flavor

david

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Anybody else not like it as a rub???

Bill sent me some awhile back, and it's great on steak and burgers and eggs, but not so good on stuff that I've q'd...

Fire away, I've got asbestos underwear :p

I don't think it's intended as a stand alone rub. You could certainly mix it with a number of other things or mix it into an existing rub, but it's a pretty high salt content to use as a rub.

I don't use it as a rub, but I put it on everything eles.

Not for rub but seasoning. I made a similar post about Dreamland didn't burn my asbestos underwear to bad but a little scorched.

bastid's

Bill you need some Fat Pat's? I should see about case ordering that stuff from them. I don't think you can get it outside of a few stores in St. Louis.

They've got 3 different rubs. Only ones I use. Tried it one time...loved it, why change! I've got that book of rubs and sauces and tried mixing my own, was never happy with any of them.

nthole said:
They've got 3 different rubs. Only ones I use. Tried it one time...loved it, why change! I've got that book of rubs and sauces and tried mixing my own, was never happy with any of them.

Just wait until you get older, you'll get tired of the same ol-same ol. :)

I like using So Flav as a rub, I have been doing my ribs with only So Flav, and anything else I BBQ I use it along with other spices as well.

RE: SF Charbroil

I use it to augment other rubs - the pepper flavor is nice. Cajun can stand alone but I use it mostly of chicken.

My go to spice lately has turned out to be homemade Emeril's original essence. I use it on chicken breasts and have used it to finish off the rub on ribs.

Heck, there are so many good rubs and seasonings out there that, like Neil said, when you find something you really like just stick with it.

Same 'ol same 'ol?? After 25 years I still dance with the one I brung!! :mrgreen:

Looks like I needs to try some of this So Flaver stuff

Yeah, for Bill Battle Creek would almost be local :D

Back