Pecan Chicken Thighs on the Egg

Ross in Ventura

is One Chatty Farker
DSC_0003-115.jpg

Chicken thighs marinaded with John Henry's Pecan Marinade for 10-hrs in the fridge
DSC_0006-81.jpg

Rubbed with Simply Marvelous Pecan Rub
DSC_0016-30.jpg

DSC_0018-24.jpg

DSC_0021-24.jpg

Egg setup, raised grid indirect @ 350*
DSC_0025-16.jpg

Turned at 30-min.
DSC_0027-11.jpg

Pulled @ 1-hr.
DSC_0029-12.jpg

Served with Potato gratin with caramelized onions and prosciutto, and Caesar salad
DSC_0033-6.jpg

DSC_0036-2.jpg

This was a dynamite meal, the Chicken and potatoes were delicious
DSC_0041-2.jpg

A great meal, football, and a good glass of wine all I need now is my wife Jackie and our dog Sadie who are still in Baja:frown:

Potato recipe:http://www.latimes.com/features/food/la-fo-toptenrec5b-2010jan06,0,3513799.story

Thanks for looking

Ross

All that hard work and pron and you only got one response, such a shame. Nice work on that chicken Ross. I'll be over next week to watch the conference championships on your nice tv!

Maybe everybody is just mad atcha for not having 2 feet of snow on the ground like the rest of the country. ;)

Great work on those thighs & personally I enjoy the gratin & salad as well... I always appreciate seeing a well appointed BGE!

Um... no beer??? :)

You know, I had never bought a pack of just thighs prior to competition. I still don't, as my wife doesn't care for them, but I would do that or just legs every time for myself.

Tasty looking football game food.

My stomach is talking to me...
what was it saying Phu

Ross
All that hard work and pron and you only got one response, such a shame. Nice work on that chicken Ross. I'll be over next week to watch the conference championships on your nice tv!

Maybe everybody is just mad atcha for not having 2 feet of snow on the ground like the rest of the country. ;)
I think you may be right Jive Turkey

Ross

Great work on those thighs & personally I enjoy the gratin & salad as well... I always appreciate seeing a well appointed BGE!
Thanks Tim

Ross

Um... no beer??? :)

You know, I had never bought a pack of just thighs prior to competition. I still don't, as my wife doesn't care for them, but I would do that or just legs every time for myself.

Tasty looking football game food.
I really like them Curt

Ross

Looked at those potatoes and said will have to ask Ross for the recipe but once again you beat me to it - thanks for always including the recipes. :eusa_clap

And it is nice to see the wine glass back - hope the entity that caused it to be missing is gone forever:wink:

Another meal fit for a king Ross! :cool: I bet Jackie and Sadie are missing you too. :wink:

Hey Ross those chicken thighs look great. It's raining cats and dogs right now in Ventura. Keep dry and safe.

Back