THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Billy Ribs

Knows what a fatty is.
I just picked up five 20-25# bags of wood. 1 each of Apple, Apricot, Nectarine, Pecan, and Plum.

My question is: Do I need to remove the bark before burning it?

I have read (on this fine forum) that you should remove the heavier bark such as Mesquite, oak, etc. but I'm not sure about the lighter barks.

Every bbq joint's pile I see around her looks just like a load of firewood. So I would say no, it's not necessary.

I really appreciate the feed back.

I guess its like most things with BBQ, personal taste. I think I'll try it both ways and see it I can tell the difference.

throw some with no bark on the fire. than later try a little with bark in the fire see .... no differance :doh:

Experiment and see what you like. However, Tuffy Stone won Grand Champion at a contest this past weekend against 58 other teams. His wood pile had oak and hickory piled up with bark and all.

Back