Friday is Baby Back Day

thirdeye

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Reaction score
I finally located some normal BB's, so many stores are carrying the extra meaty ones which I don't like to cook.

OKEsdVH.jpg

These were seasoned with Smokin' Guns Hot and hung in the drum with hickory for flavor and smoked about 2.5 hours.

x6ALo0C.jpg

I used a combo style of wrap like I do on brisket sometimes until they tendered up.

vwAtWlx.jpg

Z1YgHV7.jpg

Returned them to the pit for about 15 minutes, but I opted for the no sauce version on these.

pZV4pFa.jpg

dWnI56g.jpg

You did good. I could really go for some of those. I used to like my ribs sauced but now would rather have them dry like those. Thanks for posting.

Fresh was something hard to find when we lived in Wildoming during the 1970's.
Seemed like the trucks arrived rather picked over, at best.

I'm glad you found some though.
I went to my local Sam's Club and grabbed onto a package of 3 racks for a Saturday BBQ.
:)-o Holy Moly! Tomorrow!)

Need to mix up some of my rib paint. :icon_smile_tongue:

You did good. I could really go for some of those. I used to like my ribs sauced but now would rather have them dry like those. Thanks for posting.

I got handcuffed when I suggested trying some new things with my ribs.
Seems the wife and DIL are dead set against me experimenting.
So I play when the cat is away. :wink:

btw...my employer had a local BBQ place cater lunch yesterday. Their St. Louis ribs were awful, both meat and cook. Your racks look 10x better.

Fresh was something hard to find when we lived in Wildoming during the 1970's.
Seemed like the trucks arrived rather picked over, at best.

I'm glad you found some though.
I went to my local Sam's Club and grabbed onto a package of 3 racks for a Saturday BBQ.
:)-o Holy Moly! Tomorrow!)

Need to mix up some of my rib paint. :icon_smile_tongue:

No problem with beef, pork and lamb.... but fresh seafood is the hardest nowadays, but Sam's Club is reliable for fresh tuna, salmon and steelhead. Shrimp, scallops, calamari and the like are best flash frozen. Of course there is still an abundance of the local seafood....

OEwa7.jpg

Back