I'm new here, but old enough to remember the 60s.

SmokedSpider

Wandering around with a bag of matchlight, looking for a match.
Reaction score
I have been a low and slow style cook for a few decades. I decided smoking was the next step. I have taken an old propane fueled vertical smoker and converted it to charcoal using a Char Griller 2 in 1 grill offset box. As a newbie, I will be looking for shortcuts, recipes, and tips and tricks to my new hobby.

I look forward to interacting with the folks here, as there seems to be a lot of valuable information from other members. As for my name, I am a arachnophile, so if you have a problem or fear of spiders, I am the guy to talk to, as I used to be scared of spiders, but now am what my friends call a 'spider whisperer'

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum. You have come to the right place to up your cooking game. There are so many wonderful tips and helps here. Its a great place. Enjoy

Welcome, come on in, take your shoes off and sit a spell.

Welcome to the forum, but if you remember the 60's, you weren't doing them right.:cool:

Welcome, Zee. You will certainly find a wealth of information here. As for spiders, I haven't seen any, but you can hear a few crickets from time to time when Titch posts some of his jokes :becky:

Welcome to the forum from Victoria, Aust.
Nice friendly bunch here that are very sharing with information.
Enjoy your time here, I sure have

Come down here and you can do a heap of whispering:becky:

Welcome to the forum from sunny SE Arizona the land of Spiders and Arachnids.

Back