Cast Iron Grate w/Pron

NeoTrout

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Got my new grate from Craycort Cast-Iron-Grates. Did big pork chops for the first cook.
CastIron1.jpg

Built a pretty good sized fire and let it heat up a bit.
CastIron2.jpg

Cooked the chops. Moved off to the cool side. Fire was pretty hot would have got better grill marks but didnt want to char the choppage too much. Thew a hickory stick on and shut the lid to finnish.
CastIron3.jpg

The grate worked well. I was happy with the results. Cleaned up easy with water and a brush. I still have to experiment a bit but overall I think this a good product. Should last forever with proper care. :icon_cool

Yeah, very nice!

That grate will compliment my new kettle table I'm working on.... hmmm...something else to think about...:D

What's up with the ash catch mod? Is that to get the plate closer to the exit? less blowing ash?

What's up with the ash catch mod? Is that to get the plate closer to the exit? less blowing ash?

No that's a good old style classic Weber before the clips became all the rage. Notice the wood handles on both sides.

No that's a good old style classic Weber before the clips became all the rage. Notice the wood handles on both sides.

Yep. No mods there. I just picked that one up at a garage sale for $20. Needed a little clean-up and a cast iron grate! :icon_cool

Nice looking food! Glad to hear the cast iron grate is starting to ship... just realized I haven't put my order in yet!

Nice lookin chops!

Thinkin I might have to get one of those grates.

I've been using one 1/2 of a PCI grate for a Weber gasser but it can be
a pain to pick up and move around on the regular grate because of the
swing up parts that allow access to the fire.

Was wondering if anyone made a cast grate for a Weber. Very nice !!!!

As a matter of fact, I ordered one before I posted this !!!!

Thanks for the post.

Nice lookin chops!

Thinkin I might have to get one of those grates.

I've been using one 1/2 of a PCI grate for a Weber gasser but it can be
a pain to pick up and move around on the regular grate because of the
swing up parts that allow access to the fire.

Each quarter of the grate lifts out for easy access to the fire. Pretty cool. :icon_cool

Adding wood while the grate is hot might get a little tricky. Do you have a grate lifter or some other device? I think I would miss a grate hinge in that situation.

Back