You're All Invited to The Texas BBQ Brethren Fall Bash 10-26-2019!

Glad you're taking care of yourself and that sako was there to get you to the ER. Gonna miss you brother!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Kinda a funny story. At 1000 I had a li'l syncope spell (fainting) inside Franklin's and went to ground while trying to pull a chair out. Didn't hit my head or pass out our have a seizure but since I paid there a few minutes they called 911. EMS checked me out and vitals and EKG so I passed on an ambulance ride. After lunch and touring pit area and meeting Aaron (will let Sako post the pics) I started having chest pains (which I might have ignored because not that bad and no other symptoms EXCEPT that syncope spell earlier so made a quick trip to the ER which was four minutes away).

So spent the afternoon getting a workup to heart attack, stroke, tumors, etc and everything was negative. Pretty sure that was not had planned on spending the day.

Good news: everything came back negative.

Bad news: not sure what that caused that so more tests in my future

Worst news: my daughter and her boyfriend are in route to drive me back home and I'll have to mess the bash.

Y'all take good care of Sako the next couple of days and find him things that are more fun than hanging out in ER waiting areas. He's a great guy and I really appreciate all he did today.

Aww Man. That Sucks - You're one of the OG TX Bashers.........Glad Sako was with you.

Bark is set HARD at 160! I'm tired, putting the brisket in a foil wrapped pan and taking a nap for a couple hours. Never cooked one wrapped in a pan but what better time to experiment than when serving food to some of the best cooks you'll ever meet... is this what it feels like to be JasonTQ?[emoji2962]

Had a great time with Mike, Richard and Jay. We had a late snack of ABT's and steak. Jay cooked up some really nice steaks for us. No pics...too busy eating. [emoji853]

Kinda a funny story. At 1000 I had a li'l syncope spell (fainting) inside Franklin's and went to ground while trying to pull a chair out. Didn't hit my head or pass out our have a seizure but since I paid there a few minutes they called 911. EMS checked me out and vitals and EKG so I passed on an ambulance ride. After lunch and touring pit area and meeting Aaron (will let Sako post the pics) I started having chest pains (which I might have ignored because not that bad and no other symptoms EXCEPT that syncope spell earlier so made a quick trip to the ER which was four minutes away).

So spent the afternoon getting a workup to heart attack, stroke, tumors, etc and everything was negative. Pretty sure that was not had planned on spending the day.

Good news: everything came back negative.

Bad news: not sure what that caused that so more tests in my future

Worst news: my daughter and her boyfriend are in route to drive me back home and I'll have to mess the bash.

Y'all take good care of Sako the next couple of days and find him things that are more fun than hanging out in ER waiting areas. He's a great guy and I really appreciate all he did today.

Hate to miss seeing you, but mostly glad you are OK.

Thanks for all the good wishes. Had a pretty good night's sleep and although I feel up for bashing my designated driver has a five year old's birthday party to attend this afternoon so will be heading home soon. Gonna give the cap I bought at Franklin's to my daughter's boyfriend for driving down so guess will have to go back there. The brisket is definitely one of my top two (want to side to side it with Louie Mueller's, which is where Aaron and many other great cooks have started out). Might take my great neice who's a nurse and a defibrillator with me next time however.

Looks like a perfect Fall day for a bash and I gave Sako something to share with y'all. I told my coworker Kevin and great nephew Jake to stop and I know y'all will treat em right.

Y'know, this aging thing sucks sometimes.

Charles, I grabbed a chocolate pecan pie at Slovecek's since you can't make it.

Hotch and Shelley and I are about 20 minutes out.

Damn that was fun! Everyone killed it today. I hope someone took pics because I forgot again. Sako is one of us now and has a standing invite to come back anytime! It was great to finally meet you today. There weren't as many in attendance but we still had lots of fun. Thanks everyone for hanging out with us today.

Not as many people as last year, but still just as much fun! Didn't take as many pics, Seebus & Ag76 also took a bunch.

iIwpVlnh.jpg

hWqD76ah.jpg

wfu0b6gh.jpg

Sako cutting up some pork belly...

HuqsG3Ih.jpg

YK8nIMph.jpg

hBaE6F8h.jpg

oR6pEaUh.jpg

?????

7V4lI95h.jpg

gsHL9f7h.jpg

V1Tl3Iah.jpg

Of course Smitty rolled in hot...

uJ52s85h.jpg

Bubba getting instructions from Mike on how to cook Boudin. Bubba don't cook.

zzkq1rBh.jpg

Success! We have Bubba Boudin!

PDEwU48h.jpg

Smitty's Spam

WwgeXWqh.jpg

My Tri Tip

9Ss55Qph.jpg

What a great time! Texas Brethren were welcoming as always! Til the next bash... Thanks Brothers & Sisters!

Back