You're All Invited to The Texas BBQ Brethren Fall Bash 10-26-2019!

Yep, Costco has them. My local meat packing plant has them too, with or without ribs. :grin: If you get stuck and can't find one, let me know and I can swing by there and pick one up for you on the way out, just let me know before 3.

Sleeb,

Please pick me up one without bones. Skinless. :mrgreen: Don't want to take chances.

Thank you!

Well crap! Change of plans... Sitting having lunch at 407BBQ and just remembered that the sausages I was bringing down are still sitting in my brother's freezer in Arkansas... :mad: :redface:

Well crap! Change of plans... Sitting having lunch at 407BBQ and just remembered that the sausages I was bringing down are still sitting in my brother's freezer in Arkansas... :mad: :redface:

Ask Brian about Syracuse Sausage at 903 North FM 156 Ponder, TX 76259

Plan B... Slovacek's sausage from West TX. :thumb: See if I can find something else at HEB too.

Last edited:
How’d Franklins Go.?

Great times Smitty! Some pics. Frognot will chime in also.

GwFKS0Zh.jpg

ZwBS5OEh.jpg

qUZxZhfh.jpg

How’d Franklins Go.?

Kinda a funny story. At 1000 I had a li'l syncope spell (fainting) inside Franklin's and went to ground while trying to pull a chair out. Didn't hit my head or pass out our have a seizure but since I paid there a few minutes they called 911. EMS checked me out and vitals and EKG so I passed on an ambulance ride. After lunch and touring pit area and meeting Aaron (will let Sako post the pics) I started having chest pains (which I might have ignored because not that bad and no other symptoms EXCEPT that syncope spell earlier so made a quick trip to the ER which was four minutes away).

So spent the afternoon getting a workup to heart attack, stroke, tumors, etc and everything was negative. Pretty sure that was not had planned on spending the day.

Good news: everything came back negative.

Bad news: not sure what that caused that so more tests in my future

Worst news: my daughter and her boyfriend are in route to drive me back home and I'll have to mess the bash.

Y'all take good care of Sako the next couple of days and find him things that are more fun than hanging out in ER waiting areas. He's a great guy and I really appreciate all he did today.

Take it easy, Charles. ER for the day is never fun. Hope you get it figured out.

Back