Something just not adding up ?

letdasmokeroll

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I have to admit I'm new to this. Most everything I do is for fun, but I'm looking into doing a few events now and I'm thinking PP sandwiches but say I do a 8 lb butt (35 % loss) looking at 1/4 lb sandwiches that only nets 20 per butt ((scratches head)) I have cooked 100s of butts and I know they yield way more then that ...were am I going wrong ...thanks

I use a yield of 45% loss. The way I remember is this..1 pound will make two 1/4 lb sammys. So a 8 lb butt should yield 16 sammys.

LOL I was going for the low end but for some reason that just didn't seem right to me ...thanks for the response

I figure mt yield on 50% yes it is more like 60-65% but sometimes it is 50% and the 10% buffer is always nice to have. I never get a better yield than 65%

I have to admit I'm new to this. Most everything I do is for fun, but I'm looking into doing a few events now and I'm thinking PP sandwiches but say I do a 8 lb butt (35 % loss) looking at 1/4 lb sandwiches that only nets 20 per butt ((scratches head)) I have cooked 100s of butts and I know they yield way more then that ...were am I going wrong ...thanks

To be honest I've always gotten anywhere between 18-24 sandwiches from an 8 pound butt. So your numbers aren't off that much.

Thanks guys I really do appreciate the help...thats why i joined here ...theres more knowledge in this group then I will ever learn ...maybe I have been doing something wrong but I have never had a 50% loss with a butt lol Im betting this weekend I do though ..oh well again thanks for the help

Back